1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am leaving my wife

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by breakingboxes, Jun 22, 2012.

1. breakingboxes

Not really sure why I am making this a thread. Maybe because I need a LOT of support right now.
    My wife and I have been together for 3 years and married for about 2 months. She used to be my therapist. The relationship is unhealthy and I need out.
    I am so scared and so alone. I have no one. I am moving in with a friend who is not always there and could throw me out at any moment just because. I am moving to a university town though and should be in school in the fall.
    J does not know yet. I will tell her when plans are solidified.
    I am terrified.

2. breakingboxes

Seriously? 30 hits and no support. I need some from SOMEWHERE!

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

First, keep in mind that about 10 to 15 times the number of people *read* EC as people who are members. So the 30 hits could very easily all have been from non-members.

I can first say that it is always tough to make decisions like this, but clearly it is the right choice for a whole variety of reasons. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you, but at the same time, I am beyond appalled at your wife/former therapist because what she did was so far beyond the bounds of ethical behavior as to be inexcusable.

It's very, very scary to not know where you'll be in 2 or 3 months. And neither I nor anyone else can make it not scary, or promise you that there won't be any problems in making the transition. But i can tell you that, simply by reaching out here, you're showing yourself to be resilient and resourceful in finding solutions to your problems, and that is an important trait that will carry you through.

There are options and resources if you have nowhere to go. And my guess is, you're already thinking and planning for those contingencies. So the best thing is to know that people care, and that the EC community can listen, advise, and do our best to help out in every way we can.

Also, I find that when I get in situations like this, my personal best solution is to look at it and think about where I'll be 6 months or a year from now. "This, too, shall pass" has actually been a very comforting thing for me to keep in mind in such circumstances. Hopefully it will also be helpful to you. :slight_smile:

4. kayce

kayce Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm so sorry you feel that way and your going through that!
    I wish I had something to make you feel better:tears:! Sorry I'm so blank tonight
    But I hope you know you you have support here (*hug*)
    So you never have to feel alone

5. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

I'm so sorry about this, I really don't know how to help you but if you need to vent feel free to message me :frowning2: I'm so sorry

6. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We talked in chat, but I still want to give you all the hugs.
    (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

7. NiCoco

It's really unfortunate to read upon what you're going through.
    Honestly, if you need a friend...of any sort...I'm just a wall post away.

8. breakingboxes

Thank you all for your support. I am sorry I got pissy about no replys. will reply more tomorrow.

9. Hot Pink

I'm really sorry that things didn't work out with your wife. I want to give you all the hugs in the world right now. :frowning2:

10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey dont worry we all get angry sometimes, I also think its good to remember that sometimes the same people view a thread a couple of times before they reply. I know that I often read a thread let it sink in and think about it whilst I read a few other threads and then I come back and reply, sometimes I read it three times so the view count isnt always a good impression of how many different people are viewing.

As some of the others have said if you want to talk you can always post on my wall.

11. Eleanor Rigby

Hey sweetheart (*hug*),

I know you're in a very difficult situation now and I imagine how scary that must be, but I think you're making the best possible decision for yourself now. I know that being uncertain about the future makes it very difficult, but you'll get there. Take one step at a time, try not to panic and focus on the fact you're doing this for yourself. Even if right now it's putting you in an uncomfortable position, on the long run it's going to be a positive experience.
    Keep holding on sweetheart (*hug*), Cécile

12. dreamcatcher

wow! I am so sorry that this is happening. Have you worked out the rest of your plans yet? And remember you're not alone, we will be there to support you (*hug*)(*hug*)

13. breakingboxes

DreamCatcher... i will not know anything for sure until at least monday if not later. I am hanging in there and not telling her is killing me. Thank you all for your kind words. i know I can do this, its just gonna be hard. I am going to need to post threads and inbox a lot of you and get virtual hugs. :/ thanks everyone!!

14. Mercy

Mercy Guest

* hugs you tight * your gunna pull through hun i know it

15. breakingboxes

Thanks mercy!