1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm no longer sure about my father.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Menaki-Neko, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Well, when I first came out to my father it was when we were in a family session with him. I told him that I'm bisexual and he seemed just fine with it. He said that he still loves me and that it didn't matter. Well now it's been since January and he finally asked me about it. We were riding in his car and he asked me "if i'm still bisexual." I responded "yes." And my dad said "who told you that? Was it that counselor? How do you even know?"

i told him that nobody told me that I"m bisexual and that I knew because I like other men(I haven't told him that I'm a girl). so he was all like "but not to date, right? That doesn't make any sense, how told you that you're bi?"

I was so :***: pissed at him.

2. starfish

You don't say, but I am going to assume you are pretty young. (Of course you know what happens when you make assumptions, you make and ass of u and mption.)

I've said this here before, but it is hard to watch kids grow up and start dealing with adult issues. Dealing with your sexuality is an adult issue and a very though one at that. It will take time for him to get used to it and accept you are not a little bid anymore.

So give him in. IN the mean time he may stuff like this. He is searching for an understanding and clinging to some hope that you are not really growing up. It dosen't mean he loves you any less. It is his problem to deal with and it will take time.

So give it some time as this too shall pass.