1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd time lucky?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fightingdreamer, Jun 24, 2012.

1. So, three years ago when I was in year 7 (11 years old) I came to the realisation that I was bi-sexual. I told my mum, but she was having none of it, and told me that it was just jealousy and there is no such this as being 'bi'. Of course, being so young, I believed her, and I told everyone that I wasn't.
    But now, I know for a fact that I am a lesbian, and although many people would argue that I am too young to really know, I do, I really do. I think about it every day and every night and I hate this feeling that I am lying to my family.
    I am definitely going to come out to my mum within the next year, but I am absolutely terrified. I have written a few letters, but it just sort of feels unnatural. What do you guys think I should do?
    Thank you for reading xx (*hug*)

2. MathMan

I kind of came out when I was around your age. I hated myself so much I left where I lived and pretty much just went into denial for 6-7 years. My feelings today haven't changed one bit since then, i'm as gay as I was then. I just wish I would have accepted it then and maybe I would have been a lot happier.
    So I think you should definitely come out. I knew I was gay then, and even having a lot of girlfriends and having sex with them, I am still gay now. So come out to yourself first and be okay with being a lesbian, and then come out to the people you love.