1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Empowered

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ruby Dragon, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out does get easier with practice. And up until now I haven't had the guts to do it face-to-face. But last night I came out face-to-face to two awesome friends.

They were very supportive and that made me feel so awesome. I again heard the words I've been hearing over and over so many times... "Yeah, I had my suspicions..."

But that just made it so much easier. Having such open-minded friends to stand by me through all of this. It's brilliant and I really can't ask for more! :thumbsup:

2. MathMan

great for you! I think my 2 best friends will be the first I tell, I know they wouldn't care that I'm gay, just gotta get some of your courage lol. congrats again!

3. csocm

thats great, i really want to come out to some one in person but i keep chickening out. although it was so much easier to come out to the forth person (of course she is gay too.)

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just kinda worked it into conversation.

We started talking about possibly colouring my hair and then I told them about my planned haircut and added that there's a good reason for it.

Then I just said, "I came out of the closet" and that was that. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be and we talked a little about gays and lesbians and I told my big crush how I felt via instant messaging. Lame I know. But I don't stand a chance with her anyway, she let me know in no uncertain terms that she doesn't swing that way. But our friendship is unchanged so all's good.

Anyway, it was really super and now I just want to do it again and again. Lol

"I'm coming out so you better get the party started...!"