1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just don't know what to do!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Audball2108, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Audball2108

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm bisexual, and I have a crush on my friend who I've just gotten to know better recently. She's wonderful. She's smart, hilarious, kind, has gorgeous ginger hair...she is just beautiful.
    But I don't know if she's into girls or not. I just can't tell. We're both pretty feminine, though we both sometimes just dress pretty chill (She does look extremely hot when she's in basketball shorts, a tee shirt, and a baseball hat...just saying :icon_lol: ).
    But then again you can't truly tell a persons sexuality based on that because that's just a stereotype.
    We flirt sometimes, but I can't tell if it's the "good-friends being silly" flirting or the "I'm really flirting with you" flirting.
    She's also never had a boyfriend, which still isn't saying much.
    I'm so confused.
    It doesn't help that I have the sexual knowledge and appeal of a baby penguin.

It would help to talk to my parents about it, but I'm not out yet. At all.
    They are okay with homosexuality, but NOT bisexuality. They don't believe it's a real thing, just something a gay person makes up so they don't have to "fully" come out, or something a girl makes up to get attention.
    But I truly am bisexual. I have fallen HARD for boys and I've fallen HARD for girls.
    I don't know if I'll ever come out. I'm too scared to lose the people I love. But I don't know if I can hide who I am forever.

I just don't know what to do. :frowning2:

#1 Audball2108, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. Ianthe

I think your parents will probably change their minds when you come out to them. That is the kind of attitude that is easily corrected by knowing someone in real life. You will explain your experience to them, and then they will know that they were wrong.

But I think you should come out to your friend. Don't just tell her you are bisexual, go into detail about your experience that has led you to identify as bisexual. In a conversation like that, you should be able to ask her if she has ever had feelings for girls without it being too blatant or awkward. (I really think it would be less awkward in this conversation than in any later one, so if you want to ask her, this is when I think you should do it.)

3. bob94

If you're comfortable with it, definitely come out to her. But I wouldn't tell her that you have those kind of feelings for her. Think about it: the odds of her being gay/bi are slim as it is, but what are the chances that she's gay AND likes you back.

I think if you come out to her, and she actually is gay & likes you, then she would tell you that she likes you.

4. Audball2108

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you guys. I don't know how soon I will come out to her, but I feel very comfortable around her and I know she's very accepting so I definitely will.

Oh, and this may not mean anything at all, but a few days ago we went to an amusement park with a couple of friends and she had me hold her hand on the roller coasters.
    And today she called me adorable.

Still don't know what to think. Urg.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree you should come out to her, this then means if she likes you she will be more likely to come out to you.

6. manshow

manshow Guest

Hey, go talk to the girl first and then to your parents. Knowing the girl better and most importantly the very good side of her which you may know only when you move much closer, it'll be helpful for you to convince your parents. Explain your parents as why you like both boys and girls, probably they'll understand.

7. Audball2108

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you so much guys. I definitely will talk to her soon :slight_smile: I'm sure she'll be accepting. I hope she feels the same, but if not I guess it'll just be nice to be completely honest with one person in my life.

8. manshow

manshow Guest

Did you talk to her yet? It's true that its nice to be completely honest with one person. But my hormones keep looking for a newer ones and it's not in my hand :slight_smile:

9. MLP BonBon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When I was 13, I had a crush on my best friend. I came out to him, and I found out he is Bisexual also, and had a crush on me! The hardest thing to do is come out to someone you really care about. I did, and now i've got a boyfriend. So I'd recommend just talk to her. Even if she doesn't love you back, at least you'll have one person to talk too.