1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmm...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ryanninjasheep, Jun 24, 2012.

1. ryanninjasheep

Okay, this is a bit of an odd question...

When I was younger, I (thought) I had a crush on this girl, but it wasn't exactly "love" so to speak.
    This was (I feel really bad even typing this) more of a "sexual" crush
    *shivers*

Jump ahead a year and I for sure like this guy, but more "love" than you-know-what

I feel like I like the guy more, though I havent hung out with the girl lately
    In fact, I really dont "love" her at all...

Anyways, I just want some help clarifying my sexuality...

For the record, Im in seventh grade

2. Ianthe

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Do you just mean that you thought of her sexually? Did you think about her on purpose, or was it more involuntary?

I used to purposely fantasize about guys. I mean, I would sort of logically pick out a male friend of mine that seemed like a good candidate, and just put that person in my fantasies. When I fantasize about girls, a lot of the time it just sort of happens. I'll have romantic or sexual thoughts about them without trying. Of course, I can decide to carry on with them, or not. If I carry on with my thoughts about girls, those fantasies are a lot more satisfying.

I don't know if that helps...

3. ryanninjasheep

Well I dont remember exactly, but all that took place before I knew I was (at least) gay

4. ttmab

Just throwing this out there, as it's something I've been working on myself...

Have you considered that (just in a broad sense here, not a carved-in-stone rule), perhaps you are attracted to girls physically, but not emotionally, and/or emotionally attracted to guys, but not physically?

It took me awhile to realize that I was, on some level, physically attracted to girls, but on a relationship level, there was really not much there. At the time, I took it to mean I was straight though, since I did feel something.

Hope that makes sense, and hope it helps. :slight_smile:

5. ryanninjasheep

I think that might be the case...
    Although once ahain, age might be a factor in this

More explanation!

Ive specifically thought about you-know-what with the guy but I guess Im just unable to imagine it
    I have thought about kissing and that is leaning towards tje guy, too

Overall, I just might be too young to imagine it...

Thougjts?

6. Ianthe

Well, I think it's okay if things aren't totally clear just yet. For now, maybe you should just let yourself have whatever feelings you have, and take note of them. You could keep a journal. And then, over time, you can see whether there are more girls or boys in your journal, or what.

7. ryanninjasheep

Well, judging by him being my best friend, the journal would be mostly him...
    But anyways, I think Ive decided that love is love and if there arent feelings involved its not real..

Changing my status

8. ttmab

By the way, kudos on admitting age might be a factor. Very perceptive. It's also a good thing. You'll have plenty of time to figure things out. Just acknowledge what you're feeling, and kinda let your thoughts flow on their own. I think your brain will sort some of this out as you get older. I think you've got the right idea, seeing your attraction on a sliding scale.

Also, lmao at your location. :lol:

9. Martee

Martee Guest

Age has much to do with your feelings at this point. Don't hide the feelings or dismiss them...instead you need to acknowledge them and work through them so you can figure out exactly who you are (or at least a good idea of who you are :slight_smile:).

That being said, I remember having "crushes" on girls, but back then for me it was more of me wanting to be like them but not that I liked them, you understand?