1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure how to exactly talk about this...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AriesTiger, Jun 25, 2012.

1. AriesTiger

Out Status:
    All but family
    :icon_redf Well... I kinda like my best friend an I know for a fact she's full on straight Christian girl. She's one of the few that knows I'm bi. When I told her almost a year ago, she asked if I liked her. I said no since I wasn't too sure but now I can't go a night without thinking about her. :c And with all this drama with her ex-boyfriend, who she might be getting back up with, I haven't had the time, the right time, or the guts to tell her. Obviously, my sister was able to tell how I felt, but she won't give me any advice if I tell her she's right. I'm just too stubborn. So, maybe someone here can help me or give me some support at least? :'U I'm just getting myself too confused with all my brainstorming an overly active and thinking mind. Sorry to ramble on like this. This probably doesn't make any sense... :eusa_doh:

2. Ianthe

I don't know if it will do very much good to tell your friend about your crush on her. You already know she doesn't feel the same way. Do you think it will help you get over it to tell her?

The only case I can think of where I think you should definitely tell her, is if you feel like you have to put some distance between you because of it. If you are going to be pulling away from her, I think you should tell her why so that her feelings won't be hurt.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Ianthe, most of the time it wouldnt do any good telling her, it might make her feel awkward and if you know she isnt going to return your feelings.

4. AriesTiger

Out Status:
    All but family
    I know... I just want her to know. It's killing me. We told each other a couple years ago that we'd tell each other everything so I also feel bad about not telling her this... I have also been more distance with her and most of my friends. Most of my friends are more able to read peoples feelings and such while my friend is kind of naive when people like her, are flirting with her and such. Just she will tell me I'm comfortable as a pillow and since I tend to 'radiate heat' a lot, she's even uses me as a blanket. She can make almost everything an anything awkward for me when it's just the two of us.

5. mia171

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had the same experience with my best friend. The best thing you can do is take a little time away from her. I did it and my felings dwindled. It took time though so be prepared