1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Just Wishful Thinking?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hello There, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Hello There

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    For the past 2 weeks I've been on a forklift training course and there's this guy there who I find really attractive... Basically everytime I look at him he always seems to be staring at me, its not exactly a straight forward stare either, it seems like he wants me to see him looking. I may just be thinking too much into it but I just don't know... If he WAS gay, he's really quiet and probably wouldn't approach me, but I'm the same :/. I can't even make my sexuality known because of the other people in the group, they're not the friendliest of people... I just don't know what I can do to find out if he is gay or am I just wishful thinking... Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks for taking the time to read this :slight_smile:

2. ttmab

Ah, I know the feeling. I worked in a warehouse, and yeah, they weren't the nicest people. I wish I had better advice, but the only thing I can think is to strike up a conversation with him. Not about being gay, but just in general. Try to get to know him a little, and maybe you can figure him out a little more. Don't break the ice with being gay. Ease into it. He may start to indicate one way or the other. I know I had some neighbors once that I became friends with, a husband and wife, very nice people. I still think they are, but I found out they're not really cool with gays after talking to them about the movie The Talented Mr. Ripley, and they mentioned how creepy it was that Tom Ripley was gay. :/ So, like I said, he might indicate something one way or the other eventually. If he were to seem sympathetic towards homosexuality you might have something to go on. I hope this helps a little.