1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this makes me so angry!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kylegf2011, Jun 25, 2012.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came across a christian article about homosexuality. It makes me feel scared and at the same time angry and sad. Scared because its my religion the one that supports these ideas, and what if God really doesnt want me to be homosexual.... but then I think it over and I realize that unlike what the article says, I didnt choose this, it has been going for too long, and it isnt like one day I decided I wanted to feel attracted to men. And I havent had any traumatic experiences that might have lead me to this. But then it makes me feel sad, because if thats the way my religion sees it, thats the way my family is going to see it, why are they going to contradict it :S My mom says that the most imoprtant thing for her if for me and my sisters to go to heaven, and by being an active homosexual (which Im not yet, but I would like to be someday) in theory I wouldnt be able to :frowning2:

Its just that I wish I could tell the people who wrote that article how I feel, I have never had sexual experiences of any sort, yet Im attracted to the same sex, I dont see why it should be wrong, it just makes me angry and then I get these mixed emotions, like I dont want to be gay anymore, or I just want to have sex with the first guy that wants to....

I just wanted to let it out because this article really got to me, and its frustrating, cause many people actually think like that.... Im sorry if Im not making any sense :icon_redf its just that Im confused about this whole religion thing :confused:.... any advice or comment you can give me will mean alot. Thx for reading :slight_smile:

2. King

King Guest

Don't let religion get you down too much. Although I'm not religious (and completely indifferent to it, and the idea of a god) and can't sympathize with feeling like my beliefs are contradicting me, I can tell you not to worry. The more time you spend worrying about it, the more miserable you'll be.
    I understand being told that being gay is "wrong" and "against the Bible" and things like that. I'm pretty frequently told that gay people should "quit it", whatever that means.
    You didn't choose your sexual orientation. God built you the way you are, and He loves you for that.
    Don't let it get you down. Everything happens for a reason <3

King xxx

3. J Snow

I believe that each of us have instilled within us a basic sense of right and wrong. I trust that a lot more than an ancient book. Jesus himself went against the common moral beliefs of his time. Follow your heart and you have nothing to worry about.

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First of all (*hug*)

It's alright, you said that it is the people that wrote the article that make you feel upset. So many people have their own interpretations of what the bible says, they wrote there opinions, that doesn't mean that they are right. I'm not the best person to talk to about religious beliefs but one thing that I have gathered from it is that god doesn't hate anyone. Also the view that homosexuality, in that it may not be considered exactly "normal", that doesn't mean that it is wrong. If you are a good person, if you care about your fellow man, and live your life and do good in it, being gay shouldn't keep you out of heaven.

It's okay, there is nothing wrong with you (*hug*)