1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An ebook about Transitioning

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by J Snow, Jun 26, 2012.

1. J Snow

Howdy everyone. So I was on a transgender message board and someone posted this ebook.

So You Want To Be a T-Girl (Chapter 1) - Transgender Wiki

Now, I'm going to warn you up front, if you are wanting to transition and are feeling pretty happy with that, don't read this thing, its just going to depress you and make you doubt everything like it did for me.

Now, some of the stuff in here is just straight up stupid "I'm trannier than you are" bull crap. I'll show some examples.

Okay, now you don't need to read through all of that to realize that this whole section seems like a bunch of crap. But hold up.

Also she says that everyone that transitions does it between the ages of either 15-16 or in their 40s. As such she just assumes that everyone who wants to transition so badly they are reading that article is at least 40. Quite a big assumption. I'm 22, and as such "probably" still had a decent chance of passing. From my experience, there are LOTS of people who transition in their 20s. I mean, you see that on this site alone, but its totally disregarded in her book.

So if I think this thing is full of crap why am I all bent out of shape? Well basically two that were said in it. I'm not going to bother with finding the exact wording in that wall of text, but these are pretty close to exact quotes.

1. "If you need to transition because you want to be a girl, you aren't transsexual and you shouldn't be transitioning"
    -This logic has always made me second guess everything about the process. Of course I don't feel like a girl! That's why I get so depressed sometimes. I just feel like I desperately DESIRE to be one. This argument doesn't make sense to me, but so many trans people seem to share this mentality.

2. "All trans girls have known since birth and started dressing and wanting to be a girl between ages 4-6"
    -Quite the assumption. I don't remember really feeling "I want to be a girl and I want it bad!" until I was at least 12 or 13. Granted, I hadn't even had my first erection yet so it wasn't out of a sexual desire, but this sees so much later then for most people.

I mean, sure there were little signs. I didn't like to play sports at recess. I preferred to play pretend instead. I would pretend to take a nap and leave the TV on Sailor Moon or Powerpuff Girls so I could watch it when I was little. I used to love the episodes of Pokemon and Fairly Oddparents where the character either changed gender or cross-dressed.

But are those really signs of being trans? Who knows? I don't.

Well, I guess the reason I'm posting this is because I'm hoping for some positive reinforcement. That whole things was just a steaming pile of "TRANSITION SUCKS! DON'T YOU DARE EVER DO IT IF YOU HAVE A CHOICE!" And it was really depressing.