1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused as HELL!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by khamomile, Jun 26, 2012.

1. khamomile

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So confused, need advice!

I'm a girl and I'm 16. I live in the north shore. I have three older brothers. In the last year my mom had a breakdown and went to rehab when my dad and her started getting divorced. Things are more stable now and I really want to start exploring my sexuality.

When I was little I used to always be the boy when we played house or those kinds of games. I would pretend to be my friends boyfriends, etc. I was a total tomboy and wanted to be just like my brothers. I don't want to be a man, but I like the idea of being able to like a girl and not being a lesbian, too, because it just seems so much easier. I know I have some issues with how my brothers treated me when I grew up, and I have a need to feel accepted and included. My brothers and I now have an incredible relationship, but I'm still a self-conscious person. I've always sort of wanted to be with girls. I used to have dreams where I was a boy and was with a girl. When I got into middle school I started dating boys all the time. I would switch boyfriends from week to week. I wasn't doing anything sexual, and barely kissed any of the guys, but I felt connected to some of them. Around 8th grade, I started to take relationships more seriously. I stopped dating just to have a boyfriend and even think I fell in love with my friend Jake. I've had crushes on boys and know if they are hot, but I can't figure out if I'm attracted to them, or I'm just vulnerable around attractive people- especially guys. I'm open with my friends and family about being confused. My friends F and C, who are both girls, were the first of my friends to experiment. I started being open about my sexuality Sophomore year. Freshman year, I hid a crush I had on a few girls. When I went out of the country recently, I hooked up with a boy. I'm sort of a prude, so it was my first time doing anything more than kissing. We went kind of far, and I enjoyed it, but I still really like the idea of being with girls, more than guys. Every time I see an attractive girl, all I want is to kiss her and hold her. I sometimes think I want to hook up with guys when I feel sort of..horny. But, mostly I'd rather be with girls. Girls are usually my first choice. I can't tell if I'm gay though. I'm so confused. Sometimes, I feel I could give up guys forever- which I never feel with girls- but then I don't know! My guys friend, who is extremely attractive and who I used to have a crush on, was joking that I was a lesbian and I kept denying it. It was like because he was attractive, I felt I couldn't be gay. I wasn't sure if it was because I had attraction to him or because I was vulnerable because I know he's good looking. I'm sure that because I know acceptance might be an issue, and I've had issues feeling included for my whole life, I'm scared sub-consciously to just be gay. I'm not sure. I watch movies and shows with attractive girls being lesbian and having cute relationships (The L word, Imagine Me and You, Water Lillies, Loving Annabelle, Lost and Delirious, etc.) and feel that I want a girl more than ever. But, then my friends try to set me up with guys and I'm all for it because I want a relationship and I sort of think I might be attracted to guys. It's so goddamn confusing. My whole life, I've felt a connection to older woman more than anything. I always bond with older woman, and on tv and movies, find them so appealing. I'm not sure if it's filling a void that my mom left, or because I like woman and find support in maturity. It's a weird feeling. Once in a while, I meet an attractive guy who's sweet and I feel we connect. That connection makes him more attractive, but I'm not sure if that's just my heart and not my body.

When i stayed at my best friend's cousins' house (her cousins are lesbians), they helped me come out to her and even said they thought I was gay from the moment I met them. I felt so connected to one of them and was attracted to the emotional connectedness we had. I like the emotional connection with attractive woman more than with guys. But I don't know if it's all emotional, because I enjoyed the things I've done with boys. I haven't done enough with girls to know if I'd enjoy it,but I find girls together very attractive.

I'm so confused. Any advice will help. Thanks

#1 khamomile, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  2. pancake111

I think you need to date girls to really have a good view of both sides. You could be bisexual or gay. Don't feel pressured to come to a definite decision. Expirament with both sides and see how you feel. I think sexuality is something that becomes more clear over time. You don't need to choose a side.

3. LailaForbidden

Ah, so we are in the same boat. The situation with your brothers sounds a lot like me.. as the youngest, i always felt pressure to fit in and i'm inclined to think that thats one of the reasons I care so much about what people think. Anyway, other than the dating thing (i've only really dated on guy..for two weeks) we are alot alike. Like you, I find a relationship with women more intimate than men. From your post, you seem like you might by bisexual, but with a preference toward women. But i wouldn't make a conrete descision until you have more time to experience different things. If you need to talk about it more in depth or have any questions, just message me :slight_smile: Oh, one last piece of advice, don't overthink it. I know its hard not too, but it really can do some damage and it won't help any. Good luck! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Dolphinkid

Welp it sounds like your bi, with a prefferance for girls, just having trouble coming to terms with it. But no matter what you are, feel free to JUST BE YOU!

5. Riot2301

Out Status:
    A few people
    You aren't alone...I have the same confusion happening. If you feel attraction for a girl, try dating her if she feels the same. It'll give you a better grasp on your feelings.