1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushing on my friend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MathMan, Jun 26, 2012.

1. MathMan

So there's this roommate at this halfway house I'm staying at( he just moved out like 2 days ago to a couple houses up the street) and he is real kind, witty, funny and definitely cute. Whenever we would carpool together and he would end up sitting right beside me in the backseat, he would start staring at me and scoot closer, then would try to sound kinda feminine and comment on how big my muscles were and then squeeze my bicep. I can't help myself when he does this. I start blushing and getting all giggly. He even did this the other day while we were just watching tv. he scooted alllll the way over on the big couch to where he was squeezed up against me! GOD this is killing me! why can't he be openly gay/bi!?!
    Anyway, my question is, is there anyway I can "test the waters" and see if he is bi without causing a big scene??

2. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you think there is a way he knows you are gay?

I think with things like this... Well, he is being experimental enough... So what I would do is be experimental, too. This may sound weird, but do things like when the next time he is bending down, spank him or something! Or when you see him next, give him a hug and slide your hands down onto his ass and see what his reaction is. If he starts getting closer and doing similar things, it won't be long before either one of you really comes onto each other. On the other hand, if he moves away and starts getting freaked out, you've tested the waters and got a negative result!

3. MathMan

I think he has an idea I'm gay. I mean like I said, i get all red and giggly and I try hard not too, but i just can't help it. I'd imagine that is a good sign. Damn, if only he didn't move to that other house. I should move there too after a couple weeks,that's how this halfway house system where I'm at works. I think I will try to do something along those lines when I see him again! Thanks TwoMethod!

4. NomadicDave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Since you are supposed to be in a safe environment try the direct approach. Tell him you are gay and find him incredibly attractive and see what happens. One caveat however is since you are in a recovery house maybe staying clean/sober should be priority #1.

5. speedracing22

Why not try and "hint" back at him? I mean what you're describing does sound like he might be gay/bi and testing you to see how you react, so why not try it back? If he sits right against you on a huge couch, try putting your arm around him and see how he reacts. If he reacts badly then just write it off as you were joking. If he's receptive to it, then maybe go a little further next time.

I wouldn't push it too far though. Just start out with little playful things and see where it goes.

6. Gen

Gen

As they^ said, just flirt back. I believe that if someone flirts with you always flirt back, because the very fact that they are flirting with you means either....A. They are interested in you... or B. They are just joking around, which means that if you flirt back, they will assume your joking too.

So next time he feels you up, say "Oh no, your's are way bigger" *giggle, giggle, blush, blush* lol :slight_smile:.

7. TheGreyMan

I think spanking him or putting his hands on his ass is a bit much. If he isn't really what he seems, this could definitely ruin things between them.

However, I suggest maybe holding his hand or just touching his arm and seeing how he reacts. Maybe squeeze it in the same manner. Clearly he doesn't consider that excessive, since he does it to you. If he freaks out, you can call him out for hypocrisy, anyways.

8. MathMan

Hey NomadicDave, To tell you the truth, I mostly came down here because I needed to get away from my small a$$ backwards town. Yes, I had a drug problem, but I used a lot during the last 2 years when I have been in total denial. Since I've come clean to myself about my sexuality, I've not had any cravings or anything.

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2012 at 09:01 AM ----------

I think I will definitely flirt back some next time I see him. I'll add all y'alls advice to my aresenal lol