1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another "could she like me?" thread

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Robotpie, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Robotpie

I've known this girl on my softball team for a few months, but we just recently started really talking. The first thing that kind of started me thinking I liked her was a dream I had, and I'm fairly sure of it now. But, that isn't the point of this thread. The point is, I'm not sure if she might like me back.

I first started wondering at a pool party we both attended, when she said something along the lines of "Got some sexy calves there Maggie". I realize, though, that a lot of girls are just like that, so I brushed it off as nothing. At the tournament the next weekend, after I said something, she was like "You're so cute...". I mean, it was so... soft, and it sounded so sincere... it was hard to just ignore it. I've been noticing now that if she's next to me, she puts her arm around me fairly often, but I've never seen her do that to anyone else. She also, whenever she's near me and gets scared or startled, tends to run over to where I am and grab my arm or hug me.

Does this sound like just nothing, or could I be on to something? Oh, I also forgot to mention, I know for a fact that her moms are lesbians, if that matters at all. I also know that she "used to be" bisexual, and has had several girlfriends, but says she's straight now. So, thoughts anyone? Please?

2. julia

Honestly, I'm not sure it's anything. I know a lot of my girl friends that acted like that when we were younger but at 20 are straight as an arrow. Girls, gay and straight, tend to be really touchy feely so it's hard to tell. I cold be totally wrong though. Why don't you try doing the things she does to you, back to her? Tell her you think she's cute (but don't say it so playfully, or that could be played off as nothing), touch her the way she touches you, etc.
    Good luck :slight_smile:

3. Robotpie

That's why I was so unsure. I figured it was probably nothing, and that I just thought it was because I knew I liked her. But I'll try that, thanks :slight_smile: I'd just hate to freak her out, if I'm wrong.

4. bob94

You stole the words right out of my mouth :slight_smile:. But yes, girls in general can be very touchy and flirty (most of my friends are girls, and they are like that). Since her mothers are gay, it could be that she's just really comfortable being around other girls, and it could also mean that she's just comfortable enough with her sexuality that she doesn't mind doing those things.

But you never know, she could be gay/bi, or still trying to figure it out. Take Julia's advice and do those flirty things back and see how she reacts. Even if it turns out that she is straight, at least you get to flirt with a cute girl :wink:.

5. Robotpie

Yeah, I thought about that as well, that she could just be comfortable around girls. I just got my hopes up because I knew she'd been with girls before. But thank you :slight_smile: And that's true, flirting is always fun, haha.