1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A guy, not sure what to do...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hawthorne, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Hawthorne

I have been talking to this guy recently a lot over the internet he knows that I am gay and I know he is gay as well but there is an interesting thing that he comes on to me even though I know he has a boyfriend. Is this just flirting for fun or is it flirting as I like you sort of a way and I by no means want to be that guy.:bang:

2. Deaf Not Blind

depends on person.
    some guys like flirting with everyone, even girls.
    but some maybe cheaters, and you not need one.
    so take it as you feel comfy.
    my grandmother even flirted with married men in front of their wives and to my 17 year old friend. meant nothing to her, but some men...wow!

3. Hawthorne

Yeah I basically talked to him all night till he got tired and fell asleep.. yeah I am not sure what to do cause I am developing feelings... its just kinda hard for me to deal with and I mean I do not want to do anything to make him break up with someone... I am just unsure how to deal with it...

4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With the caveat that I'm going just off your post here, I suppose it is possible that he's finding some sort of companionship - emotional, romantic, and so forth - in you because he's missing it from his boyfriend. Even if he says his boyfriend doesn't mind, there's a chance his boyfriend doesn't REALLY know what your conversations are like. I think you're right to feel uncomfortable about it, in any case, especially if you don't want to be "that guy." Plus, even if he did decide to break up with his boyfriend, that's almost always a recipe for disaster with the person he would leave his boyfriend for, whether that's you or someone else. Not only is it a guilty place to be, it's an un-fulfilling place to be.

You could try to break it down for him a few ways - you might try talking more about his boyfriend with him and see if they are having any problems. Or you could invite his boyfriend in for group chats with you (his response to that could be very telling). If all else fails, you could just back away from things, and talk with him less - whether you explain your reasoning or not.