1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tell me how to be gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HillClimb, Jun 28, 2012.

1. HillClimb

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sorry about the frankness of this threads title, but I don't know how else to phrase it. I am entering my final year of high school in September and that realization has caused me to reexamine my current situation: I've never met another gay person, let alone had a boyfriend. Only my closest friends know about my sexual orientation; outwardly I appear to be just another straight guy. I understand that coming out and joining GSA at school would help my chances of meeting someone, but as I am an intensely private person I don't feel like disclosing such personal information. How can you be gay and happy? How can you find someone to date?

2. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Hey! And welcome to EC!

I can say highschool automatically gives you a lower chance. As someone who is not out of the closet, you have a lower chance as well. Now the best way to start a relationship is to start a friendship. If you find a friend (gay or straight) who you are comfortable coming out to, then that's a good step. If you happen to tell someone you also like, and they like you, then it can work out.

Before I came out of the closet to everyone, i told two people who i was semi interested in, and one turned into a relationship.

But definitely don't worry if something happens in highschool...opportunities are more prevelant in college and onward. And mainly, meet friends and enjoy senior year! Don't try and change yourself to seem "gayer" just in hopes of finding a boyfriend. Just be yourself :grin:

3. Silvails52

Alexi is completely right. High school sucks for gays. You might find someone in GSA, but that's not a guarantee.

Don't try to act flamboyant if that's not you. Be yourself and have fun during senior year. I haven't had a boyfriend yet, but I'm looking for him in college. Don't stress over it now. If you really like one guy, tell him. Yes, it is hard, but you will feel so much better.

4. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm gay and out, but those who don't know me say I'm straight, and those who have friends that know me think I'm bisexual. All I can say is just be yourself and when someone ask you your orientation or anything related, be straight up with them and say that you're gay. If a girl ask you out, say "I'm gay" or something like that.