1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wondering..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by UncertainHopes, Jun 28, 2012.

1. UncertainHopes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is it normal just to cry..

For no reason. Not sure why.. Just to feel some relief of the emotions that you hold back in order to keep up the facade of a normal, happy, content person. Having so much negative shit in your life that you feel as if you are going to implode; cave in on yourself. I'm not sure why I'm crying, nobody knows that I do. I just do, and I don't know why.

2. bob94

I do the same thing :/. Just like you, I usually don't know exactly what triggers the tears, but when they come, it's a downpour. Nobody knows I cry because I save it for when I'm alone; there's no point in them knowing because they won't understand why I cry.

I guess that's what Emptyclosets is for :slight_smile:. Everybody here is understanding, and I love it.

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you're far from having no reason to cry. Even if you can't pinpoint exact events or trends in your life that are making you feel this way, you seems pretty clear on the fact that there's a lot of stress in your life. Crying can, in that sense, act as a form of stress relief.

How often does this happen to you? How much per week, or per month?

4. UncertainHopes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Like 4-5 times a week

5. Mercy

Mercy Guest

lol i cry 4 to 5 times a day

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being able to cry is a good thing, it makes me feel a lot better afterwards. It also feels like a ton of weight lifted off of your shoulders. For some odd reason for me, over the past year, I haven't been able to cry anymore even when a situation permits it. After years of taking medication, I lack the ability to grieve properly, which annoys me. Cry on if you need to, but if you're crying uncontrollably and often then you could be suffering from depression. As a temporary relief, I sit outside in the sun, which helps tremendously :slight_smile: