1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish I could read minds...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by electrolicious, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

I recently contacted an old friend on Facebook, and we planned to talk on AIM. More specifically, I mentioned that AIM would be preferred over FB chat, since I don't visit the site often, and he said that he'll definitely try to get on. It's been 2 weeks since that, and I'm not sure what I should do. I'm starting to think he doesn't actually want to talk, and just replied to make me feel better. Should I give him a little more time to see if he'll sign on? Or should I send a message saying "I haven't seen you on AIM yet. Have you been busy or something? If you're not interested in talking to me, that's fine, but I wish you'd tell me if that's the case"? I mean, if he really does want to talk to me but hasn't gotten the time, I don't want to come across rude or insecure, but if he was only trying to be polite and doesn't actually want to talk, I don't want to waste my time waiting.

Would sending the message be appropriate? Does it sound like he actually wants to re-connect with me, or that he's leading me on for some reason?

2. ryanninjasheep

I think you should ask if hes ben on lately
    Anything more might sound accusing

3. I guess that's my main conflict right there. I don't want to sound accusatory and scare him off if he does want to talk to me, but is truly busy (he has updated his Facebook since then, but I know that takes less time than having a conversation with someone). At the same time, I don't want to sound too passive if he's just playing mind games or whatever. I'm the type of person who likes to know exactly what is happening; if someone doesn't want to talk to me, I would rather they tell me why instead of leaving me wondering what I did wrong.

Thanks for your comment. :slight_smile: Does anyone else have any input?

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you think he may have been just busy/sidetracked/etc..., how about just sending him a link to something you think you would both find funny or interesting whatever (photo, youtube vid, one of the million articles on the Oreo ad lol), just to nudge him a bit without getting into "well I thought you wanted to talk and now apparently you don't" -

5. Oh, I quite like that idea. Maybe I'll ask him if he went to Boston Youth Pride and send him some photos of people from the zombie march coming over. :lol: I know he's attended pride before, and he likes horror/macabre things.