1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Ready to Move on Yet...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pinklov3ly, Jun 29, 2012.

1. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was dating this girl for a while whom I've grown to love, but things are looking pretty bleak. I haven't heard from her in a while, but she is a busy girl and has a ton going on in her life right now. Things between her and I were good or so I thought :tears: The last time I spoke to her, we spoke about future plans, so I'm confused as to why she would abruptly stop speaking to me. I'm hurt and upset because it's not fair, I, at the least deserve an explanation; not knowing what I did wrong is bugging me. It's also difficult because I want closure because I'm tired of waiting and I'm ready to move on. Maybe I should call her or write her a letter asking for my heart back :icon_sad:

Out of all the relationships that I've been in, I left things off on good terms or so I like to think so. If anything, I just want to know that she's doing good. I'm hoping nothing terrible has happened to her (I watch too many crimes shows and I've become paranoid). I just thought she'd have the decency to break things off with me, instead of leaving me hanging :confused: It's going to be hard to find someone else like her, we got along great and we would always have fun together. I hate this feeling because I'm usually apathetic, which is something I cannot control. However, with her, I feel stuck; not really heartbroken just disappointed. After being on medication for depression/anxiety on and off since I was 18, I've lost about 75% of the emotions I used to have. So, for me to care about losing someone important to me, esp her, is unusual. I don't know what I'm asking for, but any advice is greatly appreciated it, thanks.

#1 pinklov3ly, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. MathMan

How long has it been since you've heard from her? Do you think you scared her with talks of future plans?

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been over 3 weeks, but there was another time when she went MIA (2 weeks to be exact) and something terrible did actually happen. I've changed my number as a means of moving on, but she can still contact me through Facebook. I'm not even sure if she still has the same number, but I'm afraid to call her. I figured if she wants to speak to me then she will find a way to do so. She was in the process of getting a new phone, moving, going back to school and she was promoted at work; she also has kids, as do I. The future plans we discussed were about being excited about the new place, visiting and celebrating her successes. I don't know where we or I took a wrong turn.