1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another gay/straight girl story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 2sheeg, Jun 29, 2012.

1. 2sheeg

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I've been talking to this girl I met online for about 10 months now. We started liking each other about a couple months in and finally admitted it to one another. I'm gay and she was straight. I'm unfortunately not out to any friends or family for personal reasons but that's another story. And this also is the first time a girl as admitted to me that she likes me and wants to be in a relationship. She has told me that she is 100% into me, but she also said to me that she can't help the way she was born - meaning she is more attracted to men than women, even though she basically is bisexual. However, she's also told me that I'm pretty much the only exception if she's to ever like another girl again. Here come my doubts, I don't ever know if she would fully fall in love with me even though she is attracted to men more and also that I'm her "only exception." She's told me how she really wants to be with me, compliments me a lot, etc. The only reason we're not together is because of the long distance thing and of course we'd have to meet each other in person first. We talk to each other and webcam everyday - like we never get bored of one another. She's also told me that she compares me to her past relationships and says that I have treated her the best and I am better than any guy she has ever dated. Am I just insecure because she's not into women more than she is into men?

2. Deaf Not Blind

maybe.

cuz you can fall in love with any soul, it is the well..physical stuff, will this work out when that happens, long term.

it could!

nobody is 100% gay or straight...concider her that 1% gaygirl who YOU alone she loves. wow you were lucky to meet, huh?

3. exgon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi. Yes I believe you are insecure about it. I'm in a similiar situation. I'm with a guy who has never been with another guy, but he feels strongly for me. He told me he MUST be bisexual if he likes me this much. But I don't know.

It must be difficult for him because it's so confusing. I am rather insecure about it myself.

4. Carm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah that's what I said to my husband too. Now I can't handle being in a straight relationship. Exceptions are usually made in the heat of the moment but the heart will eventually follow the general rules.

5. 2sheeg

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Deaf Not Blind - I agree that no one is 100% straight. She even believes in it as well, she told me that she believes in that spectrum of gay or straight. Yea I am lucky. I mean, for some one their whole life to only be attracted to one gender and then suddenly change, and that's cause of me, makes me feel lucky.

exgon - Yea, you are in the same situation. I can't help but feel insecure about it, I know for a fact that I am. I thought about how confusing it must be for them too, you know? Because this is their first time going through something like this, but I guess time will tell.

Carm - What do you mean the heart will follow the general rules?