1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Image Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lyn, Jun 30, 2012.

1. lyn

lyn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sure someone has posted about this in the past. I'm new so I thought I would ask again. I have always had body issues. I was always overweight as a child and all throughout high school I had an eating disorder. Now that I have finally conquered that disorder and began eating a normal healthy diet, I find that I still struggle with my body image. I don't like it at all. I try not to focus on it, but it is a daily struggle. I don't feel girly, I feel big and oafish. I know that is really harsh but that is how I feel. My question is how do I get to a comfortable place with my body? What can I do to feel pretty and girly? I really am tired of feeling like I don't fit inside of my body.

2. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Love thy self :slight_smile:

3. rainbowfox

well I had body issues too, I had been over weight for a long time, then I went on a diet and lost 46 kilos, now my BMI is near 19,8 (the thing that I always dreamed about) :slight_smile:
    I think going on a diet and getting to your ideal BMI really can help :slight_smile:
    BUT there is something more important than that (which I always say to my girl friends), you should know why you feel bad and why you want to change it? is it only the stereotypes which dictate that you are not girly or it is the way you feel/think? :slight_smile: if it's the second one, take action for what YOU WANT :slight_smile: and as Mercy said LOVE YOURSELF :slight_smile: :hug: