1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel so alone :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by unknown12, Jun 30, 2012.

1. unknown12

So i thought i had everything under control with me staying in the closet. I had a boyfriend who i really loved and he was the most caring person anyone can ask for. I had just gotten involved in pride on campus. there was even this guy that was mentoring me through all of this, he helped me alot. This has now all crumbled all around me :frowning2: I am no longer in pride. me and my boyfriend have broken up after going out 4 months. the reason being that i could not feel comfortable with myself because i had not come out to my parents. that was the case with me mentor, who is not even talking to me anymore. he has gone crazy i think.

things at work are crumbling too. not getting alot of hours.

my parents and my relationship has gotten critical. almost to the point where i think i should move out and start my life. here is the catch. economy is crap and i still got 2 more years of college to go and my parents are paying for it. i feel trapped and feel like i would be disowned of i come out again. i feel like i am actually comfortable with being gay, but am living in a work that is not compatible with the current me.

even my best friend talks about girls more than me now. i stopped talking about girls all together now. because im sick of faking it. i'm 99% sure my friend is gay too, but is too scared to come out. but ive been trying to start a relationship for 3 years!! i think ive gotten through to him a bit, but he is still not budging. like i was sitting in a very seductive pose in front of him and he was totally checking me out.

i guess what i'm trying to ask for it advice and support on what you just read please :slight_smile:

2. Night Rain

Let me start by saying that I'm in the same boat as you (with the parents issue at least). :grin:

I want to move out so much and I still have 2 more years and I'm not even sure I can be independent after that. Now, if only I could move to some other place like Canada, I would be out to everyone, not here though. :grin: As if it's not enough, now my family has problem with money too, and it's been really hard for all of us.

Anyway, is your mentor acting that way because he thinks you're gay? The reason you feel so depressed is that you are not out at all! It doesn't have to be your parents, some friends you can trust will do. Believe me, it helps a lot.

If you're 99% sure about your best friend, just come out to him. It may make things easier between the two of you. And really, it's so obvious that you want this to happen, you just need a little push.

So my advice is, come out to him. He's your best friend. It doesn't matter if he's gay or not. He should be able to make you feel better. And then, maybe, you don't have to endure those 2 years. Who knows, you may even like it.

3. AloneOutHere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That feeling of being alone isn't going to go away instantly. But from my experience, telling someone that you trust completely that you know will never abandon you helps. And when you do start feeling alone, that person will always be ther for you.

4. unknown12

my mentor was gay also. me and him were intimate too. he has had major family problems and i think he is trying to focus on rebuilding his life again(Which is completely understandable).

any other thoughts on where to go from here?