1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too worried about looks.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Neutrality, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Neutrality

So, I think I've learned from recent post that I might be way to concerned about my looks. =( A lot of times I feel like I'm not very sexy and then I panic because if we assume 10% of the population is gay then there are only 156 gay men between 20-29 in my town...I worry that I don't look good enough to really get one of them. I know I don't look too bad, at least I'm pretty sure I don't but somewhere in the back of my mind I still worry about it. Does anyone have any advice for getting over this feeling so I can feel like I'm sexy.

2. Night Rain

I don't know, you look perfect in my opinion. :grin:
    I would kill to look like you, you know.:tantrum:

#2 Night Rain, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  3. Neutrality

Aww, Thanks I wasn't really fishing for compliments but I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me feel a little better to hear something like that. I just always feel weird about it because I've only met one other gay guy so I don't have much of a way to judge it....I guess I could go by girl's opinion's but, my friend tells me I look adorable...like a puppy and girls don't like that...but I don't really care what women think about my looks.

4. Night Rain

I thought girls liked cute things? :wink:
    I'm sure there are people out there that find you attractive. If you really feel insecure, maybe you should work out, just a little bit.

5. Neutrality

I've actually been doing that....to be honest 6 months ago I weighed 307lbs and I'm down to 260...and still working on it...I think maybe a lot of my worry comes from the fact that I used to be sooo big.

6. Night Rain

In that case, you'll be as fit as a fiddle soon (or at least fit enough to look good in everyone's eyes). :grin:
    But really, you look good in your pictures. :slight_smile:

#6 Night Rain, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  7. Neutrality

Thanks, hearing that from a guy my age is a big pick me up. =)

8. nachocheez

nachocheez Guest

i lost 100+ pounds and look like a totally different person... people approach you alot more when you are fit, and look at you alot more. use a BMI chart and find a healthy weight for your height, eat right, work out, be social, and you will feel alot better about yourself