1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kissing? Wow... Help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by someoddgirl, Jul 1, 2012.

1. someoddgirl

Okay, so, I got my first significant other a little over a week ago. Let me say: most amazing feeling in the world. The thing is, last night, she kissed me... She kissed me a lot... I'm not gonna lie, it scared the crap out of me(Never been kissed until then). It made my brain go fuzzy and my heart go crazy. It felt insane and out of control. I'm not sure if I like kissing or not... At least, not yet. So, is this normal? I love her. A lot. But it feels crazy kissing her. I just need to know if I'm okay... And maybe some tips on doing it better? I'm pretty much an amature, but I want to make her happy. Anyways, any input would be very much appreciated!

2. i know what you mean.
    the feeling didnt freak me out as such but took me by suprise i suppose. when i first kissed a girl i liked it was like woah okay i wanna do this more. whereas with guys and girls i didnt have any attraction to just for the sake of kissing a girl i was like okay, yeah were kissing..... i dont feel anything am i supposed to? lol.

you dont know if you like kissing?
    start slow and do different things, put your hands in diff places, on her neck, face, waist. wherever. you might not like one style of kissing but might like another.

tell her youve never kissed and im sure shell understand. maybe she hasnt kissed anyone either, you might not know :slight_smile:

3. Mercy

Mercy Guest

how old are you and her ?

4. someoddgirl

I'm 20 and she's 18. She's had experience but I haven't, so it's a little odd.

I know, It felt weird... like maybe I was doing it wrong? I dunno... I'm just a little freaked out at the moment...

5. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think very few people will say their first kiss was good. In fact, they'll most likely say it was really bad. I know mine was. And that's completely normal. You're probably nervous, you don't know what to do exactly and what it's supposed to feel like.. But at the same time you probably have very high expectations. And those expectations are rarely met the first few times. So don't worry about it, it's absolutely normal. Just do it a lot (I'm sure neither you nor your girlfriend would mind), because all it really needs to get better, and eventually really good (and it will!), is a looot of practice. :slight_smile:

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its totally normal, so dont worry. Practice makes perfect. Its difficult to completely enjoy something when you are so nervous. Just take your time you will get there.

7. caughtbywitness

So far for me, on both sexes, kissing is quite boring. :frowning2: oh well xP

8. creamandnutella

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You are probably just really nervous because it's a new experience. But don't worry just tell her you want to experiment and take it slow. Good luck :slight_smile:

9. KiddlesP

I've never had a "true" kiss before. I've been pecked by a few girls before, sometimes even with their lips instead of their hard piercing beaks. :slight_smile: I have never thought that kissing would really be anything special, so I am personally surprised by your strong reaction to it. Sigh, perhaps I may never know... perhaps I may even like it... :wink:

10. Ianthe

It sounds like maybe she kissed you too much all at once. You just seem kind of overwhelmed. Your heart racing and things like that are a normal, good response, but maybe it was just too much at once. You could ask her to slow down a little.

But your brain going fuzzy and your heart beating really fast are signs of sexual excitement, which is normal. I think you were just overwhelmed because it was the first time and it happened so fast.

11. someoddgirl

Now that I've taken a step back, I think you are right. I think I like it, but it was a lot to take in for the first time. Maybe a little too far. Thank you for bringing that up.

So does that mean, that I can work up to that? That, at some point, I can like it? Because she seemed to like it VERY much.

12. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Probably. Nothing in this world is certain but death and taxes, but if it was just a lot to take in for the first time and you did enjoy it on some level, I'm sure you can work your way up to enjoying it thoroughly. In fact, while that overexposure might have made your first time less pleasant than it could have been, it could also have the effect of making it easier to work your way up to enjoying it fully.

But even if that is possible, you should still definitely take it as slow as you need to to feel comfortable. Any significant other who's worth your time will understand if you say, "Last time we did this, it was a lot to take in and was kinda overwhelming, so I'd like to work my way up there this time so I can enjoy it fully."

13. Mercy

Mercy Guest

I agree may i ask how she kissed you ?

14. someoddgirl

Uh... Well... I think in a "making out" kind of way. A little tongue, but it was mostly the "single lip" style. I don't really know much about it, but I think that's what it's called. It was pretty much the most crazy thing ever.

15. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just be honest with her.

16. Mercy

Mercy Guest

hmm i was kissed that way too with my first gf she took both her lips and kissed my top lip with both of her lips then my bottom the same . i had a bit of tongue too it was amasing . just be honest and tell her what u might like better

17. 55

Sometimes people who have kissed a lot can get a little aggressive, especially if they don't know it's new to you. Sometimes it feels like you're their lunch. Let her know that you need to start with gentle kissing and then work up to the really passionate kind - whether that's now or later.