1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any help would be nice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Blondeguy, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Blondeguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am gay, and i have know for at least four years, and i am 100% sure, i do not like woman at all, well at least in that way. I have one foot in the closet and one out of the closet. I have came out to my sister and my mother, and all my female friends, and i thought they were all accepting, but now i am wondering about my mother. I have always looked upto my mother, shes a strong fierce woman, and she used to do amazing things, she was even a model! But when i came out to her, she looked a little wierded out and even, to my shock, a little bit disgusted. She said she was lright but she has done a few things thaat maks me not to sure.
    She has told me to calm down and not do things to attract attention to myself, and I am a person that does weird things, because I am a little crazy and love to do those things. Whenever I dress up in drag, because if I could, I would dress up in drag every second of every day, but when I am dressed up my mom will always look away from me, and she will do her best to stay away from me. Shes even said to my best friend "Why do you support him doing these things?" and its not like she hates me, she would go to hell and back for me and my siblings i guess i just don't know what to do, and I have tried to confront her about this, but she always offer the same lame answer and then she avoids me for the rest of the week!!!:bang: its just so frustrating, and i have no idea what to do. some help, any actually, would be greatly appreciated.

2. Lad123

I think your mum just needs some time to get used to the new you because it definately must have shocked her. I mean think about it, there is not only the gay issue but on top of that there is the dressing up in drag to deal with.

I suggest not dressing up in drag in front of your mum for the time being. I know you want to express yourself but your mum is going through the stages of grief right now and doing drag is probably making it harder for her than it already is.

Stay strong! (*hug*)

3. Ianthe

Yes, I think you just need to give her some time. It seems like she has decided to accept you, but is still having some difficulty actually doing so. Eventually, I expect she'll be completely accepting, but she has to process her feelings about it. Don't be mad when she pulls away and avoids you--she's doing that because she thinks her own reactions and feelings she's having aren't really right and would hurt you. She doesn't want to take her feelings out on you when she knows they are her problem.

Maybe you could print out for her the OP from the thread: Stages of Grief. Read it over yourself, too. It's perfectly normal for your mother to be going through all of those kinds of emotions.

Your mother has decided to accept you, and she will eventually work through all the feelings she is having and be fully supportive.

What is it you like about dressing in drag? Have you told her how it makes you feel?

4. Blondeguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like dressing in drag because, well it feels right, when i am not in drag i feel gross and just plain wrong

5. Ianthe

That's interesting. Have you questioned your gender at all, or do you just feel like a guy who prefers to dress like a woman? (Just liking feminine gender expression, without actually wanting to be female, is as acceptable as anything else, I just want to know what the issues are so that I can help you better.)

How do you feel about your body?