1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting other lesbians nearby

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by csocm, Jul 2, 2012.

1. csocm

I have seen posts about meeting other gays and lesbians on here and most people suggest joining like GSAs or going to the LGBT centers. I don't think I am ready for that yet, I am still much more comfortable with talking about this stuff through the computer.

Last night I was googling some stuff but what came up was pretty much dating websites. I don't know exactly what I am looking for, maybe something like EC but that is geared more towards like a location so that I could met up with these people if I was ready.

I don't really want to meet others just for the purpose of dating, more for being able to talk about what ever and maybe being able to understand what each other is going through.

2. pretty sure you can join a dating site and just talk to people. talking to people is not going to harm anyone. there might be a few facebook groups that are geared towards that sort of thing also where you can chat with others, i havent looked into it though.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I'm wondering if going with a friend to a support or social LGBT group would help you in feeling a bit more comfortable and at ease. It seems like that at some level you are ready to go out there and meet people.