1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I came out on Facebook as bisexual

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Prometheus, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Prometheus

And I got a lot of support from people and friends, I just don't know if I actually am bisexual or gay. It didnt make me feel better or anything. I'm very confused.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, good on you for coming out or at least revealing a part of your feelings. :slight_smile:

My question though still would be: what was behind your motivation to come out as bisexual?

It might be worthwhile to explore that motivation. Maybe you will be able to piece things together. That said, feelings can change over time. So can attractions to the same or opposite sex. It might help if you try not to label yourself at this point, and try to go with the flow for a while and understand what your feelings and attractions are telling you.

Even if it turns out that you are gay, you already know that your friends and people around you would be supportive.

3. Prometheus

I've just been worrying a lot about it, I felt that I needed to confess it in order for me to make sure everybody would be cool with it if I were. Now I'm not so sure it was a smart idea, I mean everybody was cool with it, but I still am worrying.

4. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Try not to worry. What's done is done. You have come out, and if it turns out that you are gay, that's okay. :slight_smile:

You can always qualify your coming out by saying that your feelings have changed, and you have developed stronger leanings or attractions towards guys. Keep exploring your feelings and see where they take you.

There is really nothing to worry about. You'll be fine. (*hug*)

5. Prometheus

I think I made a mistake in the wording of my first post, I meant I don't know if I'm actually bisexual/gay or straight

6. BudderMC

^ what makes you think you might be straight?

7. PerfectCalamity

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I suggest doing some sort of experiment or talking to someone to fully sort out your feelings and personal identity.
    It takes a lot of courage to post something that you don't know for sure about on a big social networking site such as Facebook, so kudos to you.

8. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I agree with PerfectCalamity I know it made things a lot easier for me when I talked to someone. It helps make things make sense! Well a little bit more sense.

9. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah... okay. But the same idea still applies in that, you already know that people support and accept you for you. They like you, regardless of your sexual orientation.

What might help you is to talk with someone about your feelings. Sometimes, when we verbalize our feelings and have them in the open, we start making better sense of them. Is there a teacher or a counselor that you could see, and talk to?

10. Prometheus

I'm seeing a therapist at the moment, but the visits are a bit sporadic, I've done one session with her. I already did experiment 3 times it didn't help it made it worse. I just want to see the light at the end of this tunnel.

11. PerfectCalamity

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Then I suggest talking to a close friend about it.