1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out of the closet to a close friend? (I dont know how!)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mad1022, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Mad1022

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I just joined EC today and want to say: Hello everyone!(!) Okay, that's over, noe for the real part. My best friend knows I'm a homo, but nobody else does ('cept you folks). I have another friend that I write stories with, and we're pretty close. We trust each oter a lot, too - I just don't know if she's a homophobe. One day I'd tackled her on the bus (teehee...) and there are a LOT of really inappropriate kids on our bus. One said, "Good thing she's not lesbian!" And my friend was like, "Uuh! Yeah!" I don't know if she was kidding or if she really hates homos, but I do now it made me feel SOO awkward. I guess she's not really my friend if she can't accept me, but I'm struggling with what to do. :bang:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:lease help me! :help:

2. PerfectCalamity

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Be completely honest with her:slight_smile:
    If she is truly a friend of yours then I'm sure she'll accept you as you are.

3. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I agree, if you really want to tell her than I would say, do it! I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think it will be!

4. LookingGlass

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I just recently came out to a friend this week. During out conversation, I mentioned that I wanted to tell him something. It was a very out of the blue conversation so he knew it was serious. However, he did everything he could to make me laugh. Then he told me he already knew and had already known. He could sense that I was gay for a long time and didn't care at all. I was in complete shock, but honestly couldn't help but laugh. I couldn't believe he knew what I was trying to tell him.

What I'm saying is, just come right out and say it. From my experiences, your closets friends either already know or suspect that you're gay, and they are just respectfully waiting for you to confirm on your own terms.

5. Mad1022

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I sent her an email admitting my homosexuality. I guess I'm less afraid than I expected - seeing how I sent it at about 10:30 at night (lol, yay for iPods) I do NOT think I'll get an answer till tomorrow. I'm itching to know what she thinks! And thank all you guys so much for the advice!