1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably Gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by umm, Jul 4, 2012.

1. umm

umm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 14, and I've always been attracted to guys. But lately, there will be a girl that a straight guy might think is attractive and I'll say something to myself like "she's cute". I don't think I'm necessarily attracted to her, but I'm really confused. Is this normal, other gays have experienced this, right?

2. Night Rain

Just because you're gay doesn't mean you can't tell if a girl is cute! :grin:
    Anyway, you're just 14 so it's hard to conclude anything. You could be bi.

3. BudderMC

Others have, it's not uncommon, though I personally haven't.

I've gotta ask: have you come out to anyone about liking guys/being gay? If not, you're probably acting this way towards girls because your mind is trying to "bargain" it's way out of being gay, since it's not exactly desirable.

Only you can really answer whether or not you're attracted to her. Do you have the same feelings towards her as you do towards guys? If I had to guess, you probably don't, seeing as you described the girl as "a girl a straight guy would like", which just points more towards the idea you're trying to "act more straight", if that makes sense.

Here, read up on the 5 stages of grief: Empty Closets - Parent and Family Stages of Grief It'll help you to understand what you're going through a bit more.

And welcome to EC!

4. Silvails52

It's perfectly fine. I still find girls attractive, but I have no desire to be romantically involved. Anyone can appreciate a hot girl or guy.

5. umm

umm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for all the answers. I have come out to one close friend. I might be subconsciously acting straight, but it's been a few months since I already accepted myself as being gay. Right now I actually really want to stay gay.

6. Silvails52

That's the first big step. And there really is no "acting straight" and "acting gay." Sure, there are ways that stereotypical gays act, but you don't have to do that. Just be yourself. I "act straight" but I'm still gay. I'm not about to change how I act just because I like men.

7. toms7

same problem i dont know if i am bi or gay :/

8. umm

umm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Again thanks, I guess I'll just have to wait.

9. Brenny

I believed I only liked girls until I was 16-17. I had huge crushes on a few. I always found myself attracted to their looks and personality. But then I realized I didn't like them in a sexual way. With guys, I eventually figured out I was attracted physically and romantically. I still look at women and often think how beautiful they are but I am not attracted in that way. So with your case, it could be that you are bisexual but it is very possible that you simply appreciate women and their beauty. You don't have to be sexually attracted to someone to think that they are attractive.

10. KiddlesP

It is very normal. Anyone can say, this person is hot, or this person is ugly. Being a sexuality means being physically attracted to this or that gender. There really is no need to define yourself as anything actually, although human nature seems to be inclined towards labeling everything. It is not good or bad to be this or that, and it is not good or bad to define or label yourself this or that. Just be who you are and if a time comes when you say, "I think I am this today" then you are. Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's. You are a strong guy for being so open about things like this, so be proud whatever and whoever you are.

Peace and love. (*hug*)

11. umm

umm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks so much everybody! <3

12. xramonx

Since you are still young, your mind can be playing tricks with you!
    Or, as I like to think, you still haven't enough experience to really say you are this, or you are that, for some it is clear as water in their minds about what they like, but for most It's a long way to really know fully yourself!

Guess you only have to wait a bit more to figure things out about yourself!

But still, thinking someone is pretty, regardless of gender, its a human thing! So you are no different!

13. akidyouwish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When your still a hormone raged teen its probably just a good idea to go with the flow as best as possible. You may like a girl, and you may not, if you like a girl your Bi and if you don't your gay.
    All of this confusion is just a part of being a teen. It'll wear off once your older, hopefully. xDD

14. Deaf Not Blind

yeah you can see a beautiful cathedral with spikes and art and carvings, awe at the design and even want to touch it, dont mean you are Catholic or need to fuck the church!
    :slight_smile:
    admiring what is lovely, noble, kind, these are good things and is only beneficial to your mind as it lifts depression like a ray of sunshine.
    but in the end, you fall in love or become physically and emotionally attatched only to the types you do not every person of one gender and not every good looking person either.
    humanity is interesting as it asks Why?