1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi Or Gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SteelCityGuy, Jul 4, 2012.

1. SteelCityGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I identify as Bi but as of the last while I have noticed I have become more and more attracted to guys...I also feel more comfortable around them when talking and going out for drinks and I have been told I'm much more personable with guys then girls when it comes to pursuing them in a sexual sense, seems like I got more 'game' as they say with guys then girls...now I must say I have had girlfriends in the past, and I'm 30 and just discovering this about myself...its freaking me out a bit..lol.. maybe I have just been really gay all this time...idk

2. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bisexuality doesn't necessarily have to be a 50/50 interest on both girls and guys. You could be bisexual and like one sex more than the other, as long as you are still interested in the other sex, even in the slightest. That would still identify you as bisexual.

3. cscipio

You might consider just avoiding labels entirely and go with what your heart tells you.

4. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both of the above.
    I'm bi and my feelings go up and down all the time. Sexual AND romantic sides of it.
    If you are attracted to women, you're not gay. It's okay if you prefer men though.

5. IanGallagher

I've found that I'm more able to pursue guys than girls despite liking both. I've openly tried to flirt with a gay guy from across the room and catch his eye hoping we could meet up afterwards. YET I've never dared to do this with a girl. I've almost, via a app, had a meet up with a guy yet chickened out. But still the CLOSEST I've ever got to that point with any gender so far. One of my FASTEST moving relationships was with a guy (some girls moved just as fast though). Which causes me to question. Yet 60% of the year I lean more Kinsey 1-2 than Kinsey 3 or 4. I think it's just that we're guys, we understand guys, we've grown up around guys whereas with girls - they're like these alien beings that we can't completely understand because what works on us doesn't work on them making them a difficult puzzle box that we have to take time out to fully understand and feel comfortable to make the same move.

Basically, I think I'm more able to pursue guys than girls while liking girls more is the 'alien' nature isn't coming into play. We know what guys want. Guys don't know what women want. Makes the guy thing a tad bit easier. So it's not really being more active as much as it is just knowing what moves to make faster. Or at least I think that's it...