1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Thinking About Coming Out To My Best Friend..I Just Don't Know How To...?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PerfectCalamity, Jul 5, 2012.

1. PerfectCalamity

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel extremely confident that I can trust her, especially since over the past few weeks she's been getting involved with the LGBT community here because of a friend of ours that we work with...I'm just not sure to how tell her.

What I do know is we're going to be alone all day tomorrow, and we're not going to be at any public places all day unless we go out with her 'boyfriend.' (I know we won't since he'll be working all day.)
    I just don't know when to do it or what to say..or how she's going to react. :help:

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

A bit late to the party, but there really isn't a set of rules of how you must come out to someone.

The best suggestion I can give you is to come out in a way that seems most comfortable (as possible) and natural for you. You can try a letter, a text, email, in person, random statement, hints and everything in between.

If you think your friend will be supportive, then go for it. The how is not as important as the fact that you go for it :slight_smile:

3. midnightvanity6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One thing that is for sure, is that if she's getting inveigled with the LGBT community, it probably means she's won't be judgemental of you're choice in sexuality.
    You should just tell her :slight_smile: I'm sure as you're best friend she will be understanding and there for you <3
    I remember when I tolled my sister I was bisexual, it was one of the scariest things I have ever had to tell anyone! but she accepted me.
    probably the worst part about telling her, is I'm now afraid to talk to her about girls I like or whatever, because she just gets really awkward.
    So basically you're results may vary, but I'm 99.9 percent sure that she will accept you.

4. SallyFishsticks

I say you should go for it. If she is involved with the LGBT community, there shouldn't be a problem with coming out to her. Not only that but she's your best friend so she should be supportive and accepting.