1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

-Sigh- Straight People...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by akidyouwish, Jul 5, 2012.

1. akidyouwish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why is it that straight people always think its so easy to come out? I mean, not always, but at least 90 percent of the time they don't get why its a scary/awkward/Somewhat-dangerous experience.

They just assume that since our parents conceived us they wont care...

I just don't understand.

Where do they get the idea that it would be easy, of all things? Easy!? Puh-leese.

I'm practically getting pushed out of the closet over here and its.... aggravating. They don't listen to me and go ahead and tell people, flat out, half the time for no apparent reason.

I don't get it, whats running through their minds "Gee, i don't hate your guts, so no one else will!~"

Anyone else being forced out of the closet too? Or is it just me that cant control their friends.

2. midnightvanity6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I understand completely, whenever I try to talk to my sister about how I wish I could come out, she's just like "then come out" but it's not that easy, there are allot of complications.
    Although I do suppose it would be nice to be openly gay, it's scary to think about you're family and friends reactions.

3. akidyouwish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, especially when your ftm and your mom cant even stand it when your just a tonboy. xD

4. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

They just have never had to go through anything like it. I think a lot of it is just in our heads, but a lot of it is real also. From an unbiased viewpoint I can imagine it would seem easier than it really is. In the end it'll make us stronger I guess.

5. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    My view was always, it "doesn't matter, so why should it be so hard?" and "you shouldn't have to come out at all, just be what you are- straight people don't have to 'come out,' why should you?" (that is, you shouldn't have to have a big meeting and tell people you're gay, just be gay and let them figure it out when you tell them about your new boy/girlfriend).

My views have since changed, and I can say that my previous line of thought failed to take into consideration the fear that one has, even in an accepting family, that one might be rejected, etc.

6. sguyc

Look, at your age people are very selfcentered. They don't think about how their actions effect others, they only rely on their own perceptions. There's nothing you can do really, except maybe show them all the stories of suicides and abandonments to let them know that your situation can be very high stakes for some people.

7. TrueBlue8228

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I understand you 150% on that one.

My best friend wants me to just tell everyone and get it over with. Ummm hello!!! Its not that easy! lol

When I've tried to tell someone that I'm not ready on my own terms, I get this nausea and start sweating. Kinda get a little dramatic as well!! haha.

They've seen me like this a few times and have learned when I'm ready to tell people.

TB

8. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been trying to come out to my Dad, who I know will be accepting, but also confused. I have kids, but I've known that I was gay since I was very young, so it's going to be a very interesting conversation. You shouldn't be outed like that, that's wrong. Not only were we NOT given a choice about being GLBT, your right to tell people in your own time, is no longer yours to control. That isn't fair =/

9. DanA

Oh, when I told my friends. they all asked variations on, "why did you feel you like you had to hide"............................... really?

10. akidyouwish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well i sorta reaged at the person, finally, yesterday, so hopefully they will cut back on telling everyone.. haha >W> (Probably not)