1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice for this girl...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by I Mophki, Jul 5, 2012.

1. I Mophki

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm hardly out to anyone, except for a few people.
    I study at a university, and in the past winter (January - May 2012) semester, there was a girl I was completely crushing on. She asked me to be partners in a project, and I'm usually really shy but we did a lot of things together after this project. We chilled in her dorm, I gave her dating advice for guys she was crushing on (I was sooo jealous but I sucked it up to be a good friend), participated in some events together, etc. Then, we made it so we would at least have one class together in the Fall.

I have no idea if she is straight or if maybe she might be bi, and I don't know her opinion on LGBT. I'm terrified of telling her I like her because of everything we've done together (I helped her put laundry away a few times, which is kinda akward... being wrist deep in her underwear drawer...)

So I don't know what to think or do. I think I'm being hopeful she might be secretly bi and like me, but I might just be reading too deeply into things she does (a lot of hugs, punching me when I tease her, inviting me to her dorm a lot of the time and pouting when I have to leave). Worst of all I don't want to tell her and then ruin whatever friendship we developed.

As a side note.. she also in some lights reminds me of an ex. I don't know if I like her because she reminds me of my ex, or if I like her despite the fact she reminds me of my ex.

Any one have advice? :frowning2:

2. lilbitlost

Spend more time with her and try to find some LGBT themed tv shows/films/news - something to discuss so you can try and get an idea on her views.

Good luck :slight_smile:

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree try and broach the LGBT subject without referring to yourself and see what her reaction is like.