1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I "outstraighted" myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kylegf2011, Jul 6, 2012.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So the other day I was with some firnds (all guys) and they started talking about girls, really it seems its all they talk about, so I decided to commit and talk about girls too, we started looking at pics of hot girls and I even suggested a few, and commented on them, I came home feeling straight, so I thought to myself, maybe it was a phase... so then I arrived home and looked for the pics of this very hot girl we´ve been looking at, and I didnt like her at all, I mean she´s really hot, but I just didnt feel attracted to her. So yea, it wasnt a phase.... lol. But has this ever happened to you? I mean like being with your guy friends and suddenly feeling that you even like girls or something? it really confused me :S

2. Zontar

Normally I leave the room when sex talk starts, lest I embarrass myself in front of everyone. That, and generally, I don't like to discuss sex outside the proper context.

What I sometimes get when looking at hot girls is not always being attracted to their bodies, but being envious of their beauty. I don't get excited nessecarilly by the idea of having sex with them, I find the idea of exhibiting their beauty in a sexual context much more appealing. Sex "as" them, not "with" them. If that makes any damn sense. I'm like slightly trans anyway so that's probably it.

3. SkyDiver

The last time this happened to me I actually ended up coming out. It was a group of 5, and only 2 guys there didn't know about my sexuality. So I said, "Guys.. just so you know, I don't like girls that way." They were schocked but were totally cool with it afterwards. I still hung around but wasn't contributing to the conversation, obviously.

But I have done that in my early stages of coming out, where I would pretend to like girls around the other guys and pick out ones who I thought were hot and stuff.

But hey, just because you're gay doesn't mean you can't think girls can be hot :wink:

4. RebelD

I know what's "hot" in a girl and usually take part in the conversations. But I've never really felt any attraction. I live in a campus residence with about 200 other guys and I have a room mate, so these conversations happen a LOT!!! Lol

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's not forget that many of the most brilliant fashion designers in the world are poofs. :slight_smile: So they certainly know what a gorgeous woman looks like, they just have zero interest in getting into her naughty bits :slight_smile:

6. Deaf Not Blind

I'm sure those modles appreciate that too, Chip!

7. Brenny

I have been in similar situations but even as conversation was going on, I knew I didn't actually believe that I liked the women I was talking about. Besides, the guys would just be like, "I'd hit that. Would you bang her?" I'd just be like, "uh...yeahhhh..."

I find women attractive and I actually trip up and I will stumble in my speech and everything in front of them. Sometimes I feel like I'm crushing on them. But when guys ask me if I'd "bang her" I know that the answer would always be no. I just couldn't.

But it still happens all the time where I think about girls and I feel like I want a girlfriend/wife. It kind of psychs you out and makes you second guess what you really want. But lets be honest here. . . I'm GAY!

#7 Brenny, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012