1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-man, dreams, death....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kuroi, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It’s weird. When I was a kid i used to love watching X-men. They were all so great, everyone was unique in their own way and they were all everything but normal. The only thing I couldn't understand is why do so many of the mutants hate being one. I saw being different as a gift. I used to discuss with my brother which power would each of us have if the movies were real and we were different from the rest of the population.

Now, I'm 17 and I hate myself for being different. I belong into almost all minority groups including being gay and I live in a town where being different is same as being convicted to 21 year of insults’, avoidance and complete loss in humanity. I guess that what I’m trying to say is that my dream came true and that now I can finally understand x-man fully. I now see why they wanted to be normal because I too want to. If there was some kind of pill that would make me straight and socially acceptable I would take it even if its drawback was painful death in a year.

Id rather be dead than gay since being gay is almost the same as being dead here, only dead I wouldn’t suffer as much.

2. lilbitlost

Awwww

I was a huge xman fan as a kid too, though back then it was the cartoons i watched, films didnt come till much later. I could never quite figure out why i loved the female chars as much as i did, but i adored them, espec Storm and Rogue. Something about strong women, kicking butt.

Something xmen should bring across to you is that theres nothing wrong with being different, everytime the chars try and be 'normal' it doesnt work, its only when they embrace their unique talents and work together that they really shine.

I mean you can't picture wolverine pottering off to do a 9-5 job now can you? Yet the char is strong, determined, dedicated, funny and kind. Whilst being entirely unique.

Maybe you should try watching the old cartoons :slight_smile: Also don't give into the negativity, don't give up the fight!

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The relation of homosexuality and mutantkind is surprisingly similar. Did an essay on it this past year, you'd be surprised at the relation.

4. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

Gosh, I used to love the X-men too, although I didn't read the comics or anything, I only saw the movies. I did watch all of Heroes which is kind of the same thing. If I could have any power I think I would want the power to heal (Like wolverine in X-men, or Clare Bennett from Heroes).

@Revan, that sounds like a really interesting essay. Maybe you could post it or something? That is if you want to.

5. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad other people see the similarities

6. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. :icon_sad: But, as others have already been saying, the whole x-men story has always had a lot of similarities to being gay (and lately some of them actually are gay!). One thing to keep in mind is that, while some of the mutants hate being mutants, some of them also love it - and some of them are very happy being around, or with, other mutants.

Out of curiosity, who's your favorite?

Try to stay positive - can you say a little more about where you live? What other groups do you belong to? Are there any other gay people around, and are they very visible? Hang in there, there are lots of us in similar situations and we can help each other out. :slight_smile: