1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to perk myself up

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SecretColor, Jul 7, 2012.

1. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    So many of you know that I have a kind of complicated romantic situation going on right now. Well, I'm reading some threads where people are entering into relationships in a very straightforward way: they and another person are interested in each other; they make their mutual interest known; they go on a date. It's never been like this for me. First off, I've NEVER been asked on a date (which in and of itself isn't a big deal, I don't mind being the one who asks) but I've also never been given a 'yes' from the...well, technically 17 guys I've asked out (there's an 18th, but he's the 'complicated' one :lol:slight_smile:. Anyway, I really think things with this guy are gonna work out (and if they don't, his loss) but this constant stream of either rejection or complication is just exhausting. You might say "well Twisty, give up on dating for a while, focus on friends." I have tried that (in fact, that's what got this guy and I spending more time together), but when I did, all my friends either started relationships or started going on dates. I dunno, besides this guy (potentially), no other non-straight guy I know, and I know way more than a few, sees me as more than a friend, and despite the fact that I have a pretty great personality and, in my opinion, am rather attractive, they're quite grounded in this fact.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the situation I'm in now is the closest I've been to a relationship (actually, the closest I've been to a date) but it still isn't, and regardless of whatever good things have happened between the two of us, it's still an exhausting situation, and I need a little verbal encouragement/reassurance.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:
    Twisty

2. PianoNate

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 8th Jul 2012 at 11:13 AM ----------

[​IMG]

It's just training for the great person you're going to be. :kiss:

3. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    Not entirely sure what that pic is supposed to be (since it didn't post correctly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) but thanks Nate!

4. PianoNate

well poo .... it's a great quote that means a lot to me ... let me see if I can find it to copy and paste.

okay, here it is: The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.

These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep, loving concern.

Beautiful people do not just happen.

--Elizabeth Kubler-Ross