1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heaven and hell?(christian)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kayce, Jul 7, 2012.

1. kayce

kayce Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well my family is really religious(Christians) and well i would like to build a better relationshIp with God but im really scared too.

I like going to church and listening to the messages, but i feel like they apply to everyone but me.
    Same with the worship songs. I feel like im not allowed to sing along or get into it like most people..
    I always feel like God hates me, i hate that.
    Im so scared of going hell because im bi but i dont know how to change :bang:

But what i really want to know: do you think LGBTQ people go to hell? Why or why not?

Thanks for reading.
    Replies will help me alot

2. SkyDiver

Why do you feel like the messages apply to everyone but you?

Let me tell you something that I am 100% sure of, Kayce. God does not hate you. He loves you more than you could ever imagine, and your sexual orientation is not going to change that. He's pleased beyond belief that you want to serve and worship Him. He knows you more than you know yourself.

To answer your question, first I'll ask you this. Do you think straight people automatically go to Heaven for being straight? Nope. Just like LGBTQ people don't automatically go to hell for being LGBTQ. Sexual orientation does not, can not, and will not ever determine something like that. You don't need to worry about it at all. God looks at the heart.

Also, let me put your mind at ease by saying that you don't need to change anything to come to God. He welcomes ALL with a warm embrace.

I hope I helped. (*hug*) You are most definately not alone in this particular struggle.

#2 SkyDiver, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am so sorry that you feel that way. No, I don't think you're going to hell.

4. castle walls

First off, I believe that God loves everyone.

There are a lot of LGBT Christians. There are even many on this site, including me. A thread similar to this was posted a few days ago. There are some great responses in there that may help you feel better

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/65350-bible-tells-me-being-gay-wrong-now-i-just-dont-know-what-do.html

You should also consider checking this youtube video out. It is an hour long but it explains the verses used against homosexuals

[YOUTUBE]ezQjNJUSraY[/YOUTUBE]

If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know

#4 castle walls, Jul 7, 2012
  5. kayce

kayce Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you guys so much !!
    I feel a whole lot better.
    I just have really bad voices in my head a lot of times that make me feel those things.

6. SkyDiver

I'm glad you feel better :slight_smile:

#6 SkyDiver, Jul 7, 2012
  7. J Snow

If God is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent then wouldn't he be responsible for your sexual orientation? If you believe in such a God, wouldn't he want you to embrace how you are (and how he theoretically made you?)

8. Deaf Not Blind

It says in the Holy Bible all of us sin and come short of the glory of God, but the gift of God is eternal life thru Jesus Christ. So, seems to me that from everything I have studied, any real Christian denomination will clearly state EVERYONE earns their way into hell from doing and thinking evil against others, so God so loved the World that He gave His only Son that WHOEVER BELIEVES in Him should not go to hell, but receive eternal life, because God did not send His Son into the world to CONDEMN the people in the World, but that all people THRU JESUS MAYBE SAVED! This is in John 3:16 & 17 if you google it. I will state my LIFE on this: Jesus died so you don't have to pay the price of all your misdeeds, sins. All you got to do is obey Him and love Him...any questions, ask me, a pastor of good reputation, or read for yourself. In basic: forgive everyone, Love God #1 and every person even your enemies equally, judge nobody, be humble, pray anytime to God in Jesus name and God the Father will hear you, trust Him. This has got me through the worst of times, I could not have survived near death or bullying without it.

---------- Post added 8th Jul 2012 at 01:02 AM ----------

100% agree. And I got to help teach Sunday School, grew up in church and went to three different Christian schools. You have it exactly right, SkyDiver. The most religious Jews of the day, Jesus even condemned for not practicing love and cheating the poor, etc. Being anything will not keep you from entering heaven, even the sinners on the crosses who EARNED death, one got humble and asked Jesus to just remember him to God the Father, and Jesus said today you will go with me into Paradise! THAT is the power of LOVE! The forgiveness of the one who loves you most comes from Him. But he wants you do the same...me too...anybody who pisses you off, or owes you a debt, forgive it right away don't hold onto it and let it fester. And God will be able to forgive your sins equally.

Jesus was asked how to pray to the Father, this is what He said:
    Pray like this

Our Father, who is in Heaven, Your name is set apart for only good(holy). Your kingdom shall come! Whatever Your will, be done, on earth just as it is in heaven.
    Give us today our daily bread.
    AND forgive us our debts (sins/trespasses) as we forgive our debtors (those who sin against/tresspass against us).
    And do NOT lead us into Temptation, BUT deliver us from all Evil!

Think about these words...we can ask for simple things like everyday food, we should acknowledge humbly how good God is to us and allow Him to be our Authority, and have full faith He can and WILL forgive every single mistake we do, as long as we also humbly forgive every single wrong others do to us. And it is good to ask him to not let us become tempted, but expect trials and that we can grow stronger in them.

I love every person on EC. Now where did all that love come from? :slight_smile:

9. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

This is why EC needs “Like” buttons because I wanna “Like” everything everyone said in here :slight_smile: No one can tell me the Lord does not love me because He said so Himself. I am proud to say I am LGBTQ AND CHRISTIAN. There is NO conflict of interests AT ALL with that. I love the Lord with all my might but the amazing thing is, He loves me even more than I could ever dream and he Loves you in the same exact way :slight_smile:

10. SkyDiver

Amen. :thumbsup:

11. Deaf Not Blind

Amen:thumbsup:

OH WAIT! We just worshipped God here, that according to the Bible means we just had a church! And that my friends shows no place is too far to connect with an all loving God.
    and I have always been Queer, and since age 5 been a Christian, and accepting my Queerness will not make me lose my salvation, just be a really humble person.