1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My brother just knows to a certain extent about me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JasmineFirebird, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Before I left home, my brother and I used to hang a lot. We both hated our father.
    My brother and I did a lot of stuff like watch movies, hang with friends, and act cool and listen and play music. I left home to join the military and he was proud of me.

Before I left, i written a note about myself in high school for my mom to read. It was like coming out in a way. I was too scared to tell her i was Bisexual and I crossdressed. Anyway, while in the military (you learn a lot about yourself in a dangerous sort of way), I began to learn and come to terms that I'm gender confused to a degree. I finally agreed that I actually want to be a female since elementary school. I didn't like myself or my body as I grew older, but It wasn't a very severe dislike as in the way transgenders are. But recently, I keep having these thoughts "I want to be a woman." and "was I supposed to be a woman?"

I come to terms I'm Gender Confused and I told my mom about it. She told me that she couldn't help but show my brother that letter I wrote. I'm back home from leave and my brother is cool with me being a crossdressing bisexual. But the thing I'm scared of now is telling him I'm Gender Confused because we used to do a lot as brothers. I'm scared he might hate me if I tell him about this. My mom sort of understands me when I told her that I have feelings that I want to be a female but scared about wondering about it. I'm worried about my brother most of all.

2. Lad123

Hmm, well if your brother is cool with you being a crossdressing bisexual then why would he not be cool with you being gender confused? Your brother seems really nice and judging from what you have wrote, I think he will be fine with it.

Stay strong! (*hug*)

3. im not changing

your brother will understand. brothers are your bestfriends. when poeple come and go out of your life. brothers will always be there :slight_smile:

4. alex408

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey JasmineFirebird,

THE GOOD
    Your Bro is awesome! You are awesome for being 100% with yourself about being "gender confused". You are one step closer to being "un-confused" which is a goal that I hope you want to include in your journey through this life.

I have no question on your ability to find a solution to your confusion, because you demonstrate to me that you always do what you set your heart to, this is fucking great!

FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    Have you put yourself in your brothers shoes at all? If you tell your brother about being "Gender Confused" how do you think those words will impact him. If I were your brother and you told me you were Gender Confused, I might begin to worry about you. How about getting un-confused and then tell your brother what your experience was like; going from confused to a less confused and more aligned person.

Don't use words so lightly. Take your brother seriously if you ever want others to take you seriously, I would re.think how you approach people. As long as you know what your likes and dislikes are there shouldn't be a problem.

We are all masculine and feminine, night and day, yin and yang, hero and villan, positive and negative. Each have their strengths and weaknesses that every person should understand about themselves. Embrace your masculinity as well as your femininity.

Hope I've provoked you to think a little about your choice of words and thank you for sharing with us.

-Alex

#4 alex408, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for responding, however the thread is from July 2012, and the user has deleted their account. I doubt they will read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.