1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have trouble meeting others.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AnonymousInTheCloset, Jul 8, 2012.

1. I am gay, however I have never been with a male.
    It's not that I don't want to. It's just hard.
    I need help!
    How am I supposed to meet someone in a small, homophobic, New Zealand town? :confused:

2. J Snow

I met my first boyfriend online so that's always an option. Do you know of any LGBT groups in your area? That would probably be another good place to try.

3. There is one, but I can't go to it. My mother is anti-gay.

4. J Snow

Ah, I can relate to that. Unfortunately, I was in Catholic school back when I was in your age so I wasn't really at a point in my life where I was accepting myself. Thus, I don't have a lot of advice about trying to explore those kinds of issues at such a young age.

What I can say is that once you get a bit older, your parents won't be breathing down your neck constantly, and it should become easier to attend things of that nature.

5. Oh okay, thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

6. J Snow

You're welcome, I wish I could be of more assistance.

7. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that is hard, but it isn't impossible. There are many like you, or at least a few other in your area. You have to be patient, and keep your ears open. Most likely you'll find some in place where contact is very limited, like geeks, shunned people of your school. I did not want to classify it like that, but that is where most of the kids in your situation are hiding. i was in similar griups at school. They might not tell you at first, but as you gain their trust, they might tell you.

8. BurritoQueer

Well during high school, there is a fair few hidden gay guys.
    I got lucky because my bestfriend was also hidden Bisexual, we got together .. :slight_smile:

Your mum may be homophobic but you might have to come out of the closet if you aren't out of it yet!