1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

... And if only you knew just where I'm going to wear it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WeirdnessMagnet, Jul 8, 2012.

1. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I decided to show up at a pride parade in a nearby big city, I already asked for a day off next week (I usually work weekends) and today, well, went shopping for something purple to wear. I thought that a plain T-shirt and a rain jacket (weather here being, well... English.) would be good enough without much of a chance of outing myself to my parents, if I just show it to them as something I've bought just because it was on sale. Um, not quite...

Mom: It makes you look fat, and are you sure it's not for girls? It surely does make you look... feminine...
    Stepdad: And if you start wearing it all the time, people would start... Asking about your orientation.

At that remark, I hastily retreated and went biking... Giggling most of the way.

That said, it of course is still... Sad. Sad that I would need to cook up some lie to explain why I really need to go to the city for a day, when the whole point of the thing is, well, pride and openness... But, one thing at a time. And it's still funny. (!)

2. lilbitlost

Haha awesome :slight_smile:

Also great to hear that another forumite was at the parade :slight_smile: I specially made sure id finished attacking my jeans with patches and sequins for the occasion, nothing particularly flamboyant but i love em :grin:

3. midnightvanity6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why do they care what you wear? after it's on you're body not there's.
    plus its kind of funny how you're step dad said "And if you start wearing it all the time, people would start... Asking about your orientation." which is just comical cause you're wearing it to a gay pride parade :grin: