1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

simply put,, confused.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by anarainbowlover, Jul 8, 2012.

1. anarainbowlover

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Alright here it is,,,,,, I seem to be attracted to girls and boys. (I'm a 16 year old girl) and would consider myself bisexual but whats holding me back are my doubts, 1. I could never see myself maintaining a long relationship with another girl and 2. It seems that my attraction to other girls has only really stemmed up in the past 4 years of my life, after my first HUGE crush when I was younger. I would love for anyone to give me their take on this!

2. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    If you're not sure what to call yourself, it might be best to ignore labels like "bisexual" for now. If you're attracted to girls, then you're attracted to girls. But what is it you're attracted to? What can you see yourself doing with a girl? Is it just sexual? Can you see yourself dating girls? You could be bicurious, or bi with a stronger preference for boys. Could you be bisexual but heteroromantic- that is, sexually attracted to both, but only romantically interested in guys?

It might help to hear more about the crush, too.

But first figure out how you feel, and figure out what to call yourself later- labels aren't as important, in my opinion.

3. ArtSaves

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that what solarcat says is competely true and sums up what I think about your situation. First you have to figure out what you feel before thinking about labels because labels make things more confusing.

I also think that sexual orientation is not about black, white and 50/50. There are many points along the line of sexual orientation and maybe you just happen to be in one of those points.