1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does it mean?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Martee, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Martee

Martee Guest

This happened today:

I drove to the grocer and when I passed the bike racks, I saw a female messing around with her bike like and she was either very tomboy, lesbian, or pre-T FtM.

So I park and start walking toward the store entrance. I see her riding down the road/pedestrian area and she's looking directly at me...like intently looking at me the whole time I'm in her field of vision. I look at her quickly but then look straight ahead again. :dry:

I can't tell if she's checking me out...just inquisitive about how I look...or was looking thru me at the brick exterior wall (not likely but exploring all options).

This has happend a few times over the past few weeks. Different environments. Different people. but it was still like the other person kept staring at me or at least would glance over more than once.

I'm female but not gay. Tomboy and I dress androgynously. Today was a pair of grey plaid shorts and a dark grey Columbia t-shirt. The other times I was wearing some athletic shorts and a men's tank. Not that clothes really play a part, but just to give you a full picture of the scene.

What does this all this mean or does it mean nothing at all? :help:

2. Catkin

I might be completely wrong here, but...
    I would say she was probably looking at you, for similar reason as you were looking at her!

Maybe she was checking you out, maybe she admired your sense of style or your ability to be yourself, you can't be sure of the exact reason. It sounds to me as if you both recognised something familiar in the other (be that your sexuality or your gender expression), and were curious about the other person, interested in someone who might be like you. Each of you knows your own reasons for dressing and acting as you do, and you wonder what the other's reasons are, you make guesses about the other person and try to puzzle them out.
    As a final possibility, your profile says you are gender fluid, so maybe she was looking at you because she wasn't sure about your gender and was trying to figure you out.

3. Martee

Martee Guest

Could be...but why does it intrigue me so when I see someone that even looks gay or tomboy?

You're prolly right on that one. I do wonder when I see someone who looks similar to me why they choose to express themselves in that manner. I like figureing people out...thus "people watching" is entertaing.

I know I've been guilty of that before.
    Yeah, that could be it too...I don't have a massive chest and don't wear tight shirts so it's not super easy to tell my bio-sex. and today I was called "sir " by a lady in checkout line. Doesn't bother me though...

---------- Post added 9th Jul 2012 at 05:45 PM ----------

I didn't start looking at her first though...seeing her by the bike rack was just me being observant...I look at everyone.

but I only looked at her when she rode by because she was looking at me...