1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is he thinking?! I just miss my best friend..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by strangerest, Jul 9, 2012.

1. strangerest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was best friend with this guy for almost ten years, and I have no clue why he won't even acknowledge my existence anymore.

We used to fight sometimes but then just make up. The entire time I've known the guy I've always been asked "is he gay?" or "has he come out yet?". We never discussed his sexuality. We never discussed anything serious at all. He was kind of a controlling jerk, but our friendship was so strong that I thought we would never "break up."

So, last year my boyfriend and I broke up for awhile and the guy Im best friends with was like "yeah, well, I never liked your boyfriend anyway. He's not a good guy." Then, after my boyfriend and I got back together, he started acting weird. He wouldnt talk to me (prompting me to text him, where he essentially told me I wasnt a good friend and that I'm too clingy), and then everything was okay for a bit. Then, he wouldnt look at me or talk to me, even if we were hanging out with other friends. He told someone i wasnt talking to him, and then that was it. He will not even look at me, at all.

My friends and family have told me repeatedly they think he's gay, and then go on to tell me they think he liked me. Honestly I have no clue. I just miss my best friend. What do you guys think?

2. starlightonmars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like to say it, but the issue, in my opinion, is not his sexuality, but him. He doesn't sound like a nice person. He sounds manipulative, and that can't be good for you. I realise you miss him, but you'd be better to surround yourself with better friends.

As for his sexuality, I don't believe it's possible to tell from what you've said. As for the boyfriend thing, it happens all the time. A friend breaks up with their boy/girlfriend, you admit you didn't really like them, then they get back together and it's awkward because they know you don't like the person they're dating.

Hope this helps!