1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused on moving forward

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hped1992, Jul 9, 2012.

1. hped1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I was raised by a really religious mother and was always told being homosexual was a sin. When I started noticing my feelings for girls I thought that I was a horrible person and tried to "stop" that part of me. I know I like boys, and until I finally moved away from her at age 16 (I'm 20 now) I didn't realize that I couldn't stop those feelings. I have now come to terms with the fact that I'm bi and thats okay. I just wonder, whats the next step? I have told a few of my LGBT friends, but not my long term bf or any of my family. I'm scared of what will happen. advice?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What happens next, I imagine, depends largely on what you want to happen next. Are you planning on telling more people? What are your feelings on your current bf - do you plan to continue that relationship? I'm not sure how your friends and family will react without more of an idea what they're like - what else can you say about them?

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends whether you want to tell more people and whether or not you want the experience of being with a girl. You can be bisexual fall in love with a guy and never tell anyone, there is nothing wrong with that. If you are planning on telling other people the you should probably tell your boyfriend just so he hears it from you.

4. hped1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    well I plan on being with my bf, like permanently. we are moving in and engaged. my family is divorced and my mom is super uber christian mormon and I don't think ill ever tell her, but I do want to be accepted for who I am and tell people. I feel like right now people are missing a part of me and i guess im just afraid of how people will react. i also get frustrated when people say that being bi just means you want to hook up with everybody or that you havent made up your mind and im a little scared that thats the reaction i will get is that im just curious ya know?