1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fake profil'ing?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kayce, Jul 11, 2012.

1. kayce

kayce Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well my boyfriend has been makingbfake users on facebook and befriending me. And messaging and stalking me.
    Its so weird.. I didnt know it was him at first till one day i was going thru hes phone and he had one logged in to fb.
    Really its kind of scary. I dont know what to say to him, im scared to mention i know what hes doing.
    But now im paranoid..

What should i do? Or what would u do? =\
    i hope this isnt to off topic.

2. LOL!

I'd be really concerned if it was an Ex, but I don't know the logic if you're still together. Maybe because you didn't know it was him at first, he's doing it to see if you'd be faithful if each go under a different name? Like how you'd interact with these new users, and if he'd try flirting with you to see how you'd react..

Basically just a really strange insecure feeling....Feeling distrustful. I'm not sure?

If I was in that situation. I'd just laugh, and ask "That's you creating the new users? I know it's you? Why are you doing that? ^_^"

Not going to lie, I'd be more than little bit "WTF is he doing?" paranoid feeling, so I understand...

Try talking to him, assure him that you love him....he might just be really insecure and testing the relationship. Which for me personally, would not tolerate. If it persists.

So hope this helps?

3. Ben

Ben

How is he communicating with you through the fake profiles?
    I'd suggest you don't accept anyone on Facebook if they're just randoms anyway, and maybe you should delete his fake profiles as well. It's a bit underhanded, whatever reason there is.

4. Koll

Perhaps he's paranoid you're hiding something.

In which case- Do not confront; Just converse with him about it.

If he believes he's in trouble for it, he won't react well;

5. kayce

kayce Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    @frozenandbroken
    the only reason i added hes fake is becuz he said him and that guy were good friends. And its weird becuz me and hes fake became good friends..

@Ben
    I get paranoid when people try to add me, so yeah i barely add anyone anymorr

I just dont know how to tell hin to stop..

6. King

King Guest

What are the fake accounts exactly doing or saying? Are they trying to catch you in something, or are they just trying to get to know you?
    Because if he's using fake accounts to try and see if you'd do anything behind his back, you should absolutely message them and be like, "I'm not interested in doing anything, I have a boyfriend I respect too much."
    Good luck,

King x

7. So, he said him and his fake profile which is him are good friends?!?

Well, I don't blame you for becoming good friends with the fake considering it is your boyfriend going incognito... ^_^ I'm just trying to make light of the situation. Haha!

Honestly though, you have every right to just tell him to knock it off because it is weird. and you don't like it. He should respect that. No idea what his motives are behind it. Maybe he's just making a joke? Who knows. Just tell him you know it's him, delete all the fakes, and tell him that it's ridiculous. You don't have to be upset with him. Just politely tell him it's not funny. You shouldn't have to be afraid about it. Just part of a relationship. Communication. Your partner does something you don't like, you should talk about it. Otherwise nothing will get resolved.

8. xramonx

What a mess lol, as others pointed out he could be insecure... or just messing with ya!
    But ... Still it is strange I would get scared too lol!

9. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is the "fake" different from the "real" in any way? For example, kinks/fetishes that he's afraid of telling you about without knowing your reaction?

10. Night Rain

It's not normal at all. Your boyfriend seems paranoid, lacking in trust and very disturbing. :|

11. Aldrick

Well, you really don't have much choice in the matter here. You're either going to have to accept what is going on or confront him.

If you accept it, you're always going to wonder and doubt him. There is going to be a part of you that won't be able to trust him fully, because he's lied to you.

If you confront him you risk him becoming angry, but at least you might have a better idea on how to proceed.

In your shoes, I'd choose confront. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions, simply because I think it's important to give him the opportunity to explain himself. He might get angry, not because YOU did anything wrong, but because he got caught. He may have a valid reason for doing it, or at least valid to him.

If he has issues regarding trust, for example, and that becomes clear then it becomes obvious then what you need to work on with him. Why doesn't he trust you? Is he just being paranoid, or have you done something to make him feel that way?

His reasons could range from the fairly innocent such as wanting to play a joke on you or afraid to talk to you about a certain issue and wanting to gauge your feelings anonymously. To something more serious, such as trying to catch you in a lie, or somehow attempting to manipulate you.

You don't know, and you can't know until you ask. After figuring out his reasons that's when you discover the real problem that needs to be solved.

EDIT: I forgot to add. If possible, if you confront him you should do it in person somewhere privately where you can talk to him. If he gets angry don't argue back with him, keep your cool. Don't try and do this through text or somewhere, you want to be able to look him in the eyes, and not give him time to come up with a lie.

#11 Aldrick, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  12. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It sounds like a deal breaker to me. It's something that a crazy person would do. He even talked to you in his fake profile? :confused:

13. BornThisway44

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    lol I think its cute and kind of funny lol. It all depends on what he is saying or doing and what type of relationship you have with him. Most guys I like have a sense of humour I could imagine them doing something like that lol. I think its cute borderline crazy but cute.