1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooo confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by shep121, Jul 11, 2012.

1. shep121

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a super straight edge catholic family who i dont think will ever understand. I have always liked girls but I'm starting to realize i am attracted to guys as well i have no idea what to do. I am just so confused. I've never been with another guy, i am just confused about it. I want to be with a guy but i like girls too. I don't know what to do. I just told my cousin i might be bi she was cool with it but she is the only person i have ever told.

#1 shep121, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  2. Delta

First off, calm down. It's okay. A lot of people have gone through this and lived, and you will too. Promise.

Next, think about what you like in both genders. It's perfectly fine to like both genders. You don't have to like one more, you don't have to like them equally, just figure out how much interest you have in both. You can be attracted to both.

Once you figure that out yourself, you can find an identity that you feel fits you just right. Then you can work on accepting yourself. Getting used to being okay with you, the way you really are.

Once you've accepted yourself, or gotten close to it, then you can worry about telling other people. Don't worry. Don't push yourself. Take it one step at a time.

3. Silvails52

Welcome to EC!

I'm in a conservative Christian home, so I can understand. Don't be afraid of being attracted to guys. It's perfectly fine. Heck, I had trouble dealing with it. Just go with it for now. See what happens and act on your feelings.

4. MrHuskyPup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The best thing to do is think about the future and what would make you happy. If you can picture yourself living with a guy and having a happy life, then that is the path you should go for. If you see yourself with a girl, then thats the right path. If you can see yourself happy with a guy, and thats the path you want to take, then your family should be happy too. All parents want from their child is to be happy in life. I wish you the best of luck :slight_smile:

5. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are bisexual, you have the advantage of not being utterly dependent upon women for sex, while at the same time having the possibility of settling with one and having kids of your own quite easily. It's nice having both of those, but it comes at a price. It can also be like having an itch in two places on your back. Most people only have to scratch one but it takes more effort to scratch both of them.

Finding a satisfactory way to balance your dating to meet your needs while dealing with the social stigma is a challenge.

6. shep121

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Like i could picture myself perfectly fine with either gender. i am attracted to both equally, i have acted on it only once with another guy and a lot more with women. im just not sure how to act on it with another guy like going up to with him without feeling...uhm idk odd i guess. It's just different i guess and im not used to it. I just really started to accept it and felt like acting on it.

7. xramonx

Yeah, just Chill out a bit, i know at first it's kinda scary!
    So what you need to work on is yourself! Don't tell anyone your Bi yet, you don't even know it for sure!
    You need to sit calmly and see what are your feelings! Between girls and boys, and I mean romantically and sexually!

8. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What you're talking about is something I had to deal with a long time ago, and still feel bits of now. It's anxiety, it's internalized homophobia, it is a series of hangups basically that you've built up after living in a very heteronormative environment (and thinking of yourself as straight in it) for many years.

Those feelings will recede as you gain more confidence and experience.

9. shep121

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    well i am definitely sure i am... I just dont know where to go from here.

---------- Post added 11th Jul 2012 at 10:06 PM ----------

By the way thanks everyone! :slight_smile: i feel a lot better already

10. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally I'm more sexually attracted to guys but romantically attracted to girls. All of us Bi people are different. Just because you're bi doesn't mean you have to freak out. And, this is meant to no offense whatsoever, we really have the best of both worlds. We can be attracted to guys, have sex with guys and what not and not be out and end up with a woman at the end of the day. You honestly don't HAVE to tell anyone you don't want to.

11. shep121

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess i do have the best of both worlds i never thought about it like that. Im sexually and romantically attracted to both genders equally. Your right i dont have to tell anyone i dont want to and thats fine.