1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lots of questions

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kljms, Jul 12, 2012.

1. kljms

kljms Guest

I'm in a serious dilemma..

Long story short I've developed very strong feelings for my best friend. The sexual tension is too much. I am bi, and as far as I know he is straight. Recently his cousin has come out and my friend sort of had mixed feelings about it, so I am not sure exactly where he stands on the issue, but there are many things that confuse me. For example, we would get together certain nights and watch football games after school, and we would lay down on the same sofa and always fall asleep next to each other. Or we would lay in his bed and watch movies and mildly cuddle. There are other things as well. He likes to brush up against me sometimes and though I wouldn't say he does anything inappropriate, strangers from a far would assume we were dating (as a few people have). I don't know, I'm very confused. Sometimes the look he gives me is too much to handle. There are times when we would lock eyes and after about 10 seconds I look away and think "whoa." I don't know guys, so confused. I sometimes distance myself because it hurts to be around him when I feel so strongly about him :bang:
    what do you think?? any feed back would be greatly appreciated

2. xramonx

Well, what a nice dilemma!
    It really is hard to tell anything in your situation as to do this or do that!
    One thing I tell ya, you could come out to him just to see his reaction! Don't tell fully about your feelings towards him, at least not before seeing his reaction! He could be also confused which will open doors between both of you!
    When you say about "cuddling" do you feel anything on it? As it is hard for a "total" straight guy to do this... but that could also be me totally stereotyping him!
    So that's my view on it! But don't take it for sure ok! Only you know the real situation!
    W8 for some more advice and see what makes more sense to you!

I'm Ramon so nice to meet ya!

3. midnightvanity6

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    you should tell him you're bi, if he is too, and maybe just confused about himself, or to shy to come out. It might open up his feelings a little bit? I also agree with xramonx you shouldn't fully open up you're feelings to him... 'yet' just wait to see how he feels on the subject after you come out to him.

4. kljms

kljms Guest

Hey Ramon, thanks for the reply!

I understand what you mean, but the cuddling part is so strange to me. Sometimes he will put an arm around me or throw his leg over my leg. I know it sounds silly but when it happens I absolutely freeze and think "omg what's happening." I never act on it though because I am too scared.

5. Lad123

Omg :icon_redf sounds fishy to me! He could be bi or gay if he does that. Either that or he is just comfortable with his sexuality but really?

I'm going to echo above and say that its a good idea for you to come out to him but don't tell him how you feel.

6. xramonx

Why Can't I find A friend like that lol!
    I'm such a pervert!

7. BornThisway44

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    wow reading these things is so fun knowing i have been these places and done these things already. Ok what I will say is that I was in a very similar situation before and the guy I liked mildly cuddled with me but he was very flip floppy. I just never let my emotions be though so pushed him away. Years later I have learned he is in fact gay and that Maybe we could have had something then. If you dont go out with him you will regret it when your older. I hate how most gays dont get into relationships in there teen years like str8s do. I think its an important part of emotional development to experience such things at earlier points in life. Just give him a look that lets him no you are into him if he still lies close to you and stuff hes prob gay.

8. kljms

kljms Guest

thanks for the tips guys!! i am so tempted to tell him that I am bi (at least) but it's the comments he sometimes makes regarding his cousin (whom we both know recently came out) that makes me not want to. But he has made comments to me in the past if I've done something questionable, he would respond "I know you're not gay." But then his actions (the cuddling, etc......) are what confuse me. I feel that maybe he is unsure of him self and the comments he makes (about his cousin and women too) are to compensate? Jesus everything was more simple when we were children!!!!!!!!!!!! lol