1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a difference between "bi" and "straight" attraction to opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WeirdnessMagnet, Jul 13, 2012.

1. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure if this belongs in S&A, but I have no idea where else it does.

Just how exactly straight people know they're attractive to the opposite sex? I mean, in my denial years, I honestly sometimes wondered why such thing as a straight woman even existed, because, well, guys aren't supposed to be attractive, they aren't attractive, and how could anyone consent to that thing being repeatedly stuck into them?

Now I of course see that it's all nonsense, there are hot guys, and done properly, both sides of lovemaking are enjoyable... But that's because I'm agendered bi, and to the extent can feel for the both teams. How cis and straight people can figure that out without this advantage? Are they, well, just doing it without any idea how the partner feels about it? What if there are no straight people? Or is my usual maxim that in the end, there is far less difference between people than you think not working here, and straight girl/guy relationship is enabled by something I have no idea of?

2. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guys are attractive. As a Kinsey 3 I feel comfortable comparing the two. It's a different sort of attractiveness compared to girls.

Girls are all about the curves, the softness of the skin, the waist/hip ratio. Pronounced cheekbones. The triangular crotch and childbearing hips are huge turnons. All those things give me an intense feeling when they line up correctly.

With guys it's slightly different. You know how in the wild the male of many species has more flair? We're sort of like that, I guess. With the muscle tone, the more angular skeleton, we have more character in the way we're built. Girls are compact and efficient, and that makes them attractive. Guys are bulky and have lots of details all over us that make us stand out more, and that's what makes us attractive.

I will say that girls tend to take better care of themselves, so despite getting relatively evenly revved up by both genders I seem to find less men that I see interesting when I walk around. I think maybe it's because we have one X chromosome. Some men are just programmed to look like shit maybe, to weed those broken X's out of the population. Poor bastards :frowning2:

I'm pretty certain the way I see female beauty is the way straight men see it. I severely doubt someone could see what I see and bring themselves to identify as gay. I can tell from my experience with my boyfriend that whether my attraction to men is the same or not, at the very least it is strong enough to match his, and he's gay. It is strong enough to sustain romantic relationships with men.

-edit- now that I think about it... I don't have the same fascination with tits that straight men have. And I don't like hairy guys like gay guys seem to. Beards look ridiculous. Personally I feel the need to shave everything and everywhere below my head. So... bit of androgyny for both is good. Tomboys and Twinks, preferably.

#2 Spatula, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012