1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused… Help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LauraMarie, Jul 13, 2012.

1. LauraMarie

so this is where it begins. I'm confused for the most part. In the past months I've gotten from "so im lesbian"to "no wait I'm straight" back to lesbian and now I've settled at bisexual. I've gone from girlfriend to boyfriend back to the ex-girlfriend... The thing is I think id be comfortable being a lesbian. You see I've never been the best girlfriend because sometimes it seems like I'm being the boy in the relationship.I know for a fact that I see myself as a girl. I think the reason why see myself as bisexual is because my very first relationship with the girl did not end well. I don't think mentally I so figure myself bisexual I think I'm still trying to figure it out the truths of my sexuality so, what do you think I should do should I date other girls to figure out what I am? Or just stop and settle it bisexual?I've gotten my mom very confused with these past months. She thinks I should see a counselor to figure this whole thing out. Should i?:icon_sad:

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps, seeing a counselor would help, but you don't seem to be having trouble with acceptance. However, it's always nice to have someone to talk to who can help you sort your feelings out. You're still young, so there's no need rush things by trying to label yourself. I think being lesbian means you predominately form emotional/romantic connections with women. I used to have crushes on my female friends growing up :slight_smile: While being bisexual means you can form that same connection with both sexes. I, myself cannot fall in love with a man, believe me, I have tried. Who do you feel more emotionally drawn to, men or women?

3. LauraMarie

I guess i feel more emotional with women because its alot easier to be myself

4. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I think it would be a good idea to try counseling but like pinklov3ly said, I don't think you should focus so much on trying to label yourself. Things like this can take a lot of time, and I think the more we try to put a label on ourselves, the more confused and frustrated we can become.