1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scared confused and not at the same time

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by passionflower, Jul 13, 2012.

1. passionflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi i would like some advice as i dont feel strong enough to approach doctors, my psychologist or especially my family. for as long as i can remember i have been attracted to females. i dabbled a little as a teen with what i thought was just genuine curiosity. the problem is i was sexually molested as a child for years by my Mother's female cousin. i only started telling my friends and family at 28 (im now 30) and i am scared as hell because i pretty sure i am gay....but i am scared they will link it to these events. I've had relationships with men (including a marriage . i am divorced) although i did enjoy the sexual encounters i find i am more attracted to the female form. my other reason for my confusion is since i was 14 i think i have been in love with my high school best friend. we have been in and out of contact over the years and these days we keep in contact via facebook.when i was told (during a time we had lost touch) she had married and had a child i was Devastated beyond words...but put on a happy face and congratulated her

im scared to discuss this with anyone i know and love scared they will nor accept it and u am unsure how to go from here ...please i need some advice

thank you so mch
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

2. Nats

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry cause you lost the girl you loved. :/
    I know it must be beyond painfull.

I must say that you must not be afraid of being gay or not. :slight_smile:
    You should love and accept yourself no matter to which gender you are attracted to.
    I know what it feels to be scared cause of what the people you love might say.
    I told my parents I'm not exactly straight and they didn't took it well. But it's fine as long as I accept myself. (I'm 18 and it might be big word for someone that young).

There's nothing wrong with being gay, don't be scared. It might be hard, but it's worth it!

3. fireworks

fireworks Guest

Just to echo Nats' reply, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being LGBTQWERTYUIOP*, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with YOU. You are what you are, whatever that may be.

It is normal to be scared right now. It really can be terrifying. But take this opportunity to browse around EC, read a few stories, talk to some people, and you'll realise that there is a light aat the end of the tunnel. It's a wearying, horrifying and incredibly difficult journey, but it is so, so worth it. That feeling, of not having to hide anymore...it's priceless. So hold on. We'll be here to catch you if you fall.

Hope that was somewhat comforting :slight_smile:

*I simply feel LGBT doesn't encompass the diversity a nd the fluidity of sexuality and gender

4. Caoimhe Fayre

also a note - lots of people who are molested turn out straight, and others of us who were not molested turn out gay, so although it *might* be linked, more likely it is not linked.

the spot you are in, though, sounds like a really difficult spot to be in. *hugs* at least know, you are definitely not alone. many lesbians don't figure out that they are gay until later on in life, after or even during a straight relationship...