1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A guy- it's been awhile

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alexi12, Jul 14, 2012.

1. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Hey, so I'm at a summer camp right now as an intern and I will be here for at least one more week. We all were together until 3am and I told them all I was gay, someone asked but not offensively.. I was kind of giving hints. I wanted to practice coming out to new people I don't know as well before I go to college, and it went pretty well.

This one guy is flirting with me though and he is gay too, and he is hot and it has been awhile for me since I've had a boy friend so I may be sub consciously desperate... and I don't know what to do.

I don't really know what I could do because I won't see him much after this camp, and there is only so much time left... and I'm not sure if he is kind of a whore, so I don't know. He was talking about his ex boyfriends (4 of them and he's 18) and then he made sure to say that he wasn't a whore (I think because he was flirting and I am pretty straight edge). He also seems like he may be a bit stuck up and that wouldn't work for someone like me. Also we have a lot of similarities. He is more feminine but we both play saxophone and we are both big into marching band and similar music things. (I don't know if I like the similarities but I don't think I do.. due to the potential competitiveness)

It's also late at night... in case that makes a difference. Thanks for reading, any thoughts or advice on any component of that would be totally awesome!

2. Eleanor Rigby

My main question would be, do you like him ? Because if you are, I don't see any reasons not to give it a try.
    Maybe that would be a one week summer camp thing, or maybe it would be something more deep than this, depending on how you click but that's not something you can bet on right now.
    Just, make sure you play safe (in case you want to play... and I am not talking about music here :wink:).
    Take care, Cécile

3. cassidypaige

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think your mind is probably just overwhelmed with all these thoughts. I think you should go with the flow of things, know your limits, and boundaries, but don't get to stuck in all the extra stuff. Maybe this could be a fling, maybe it'll turn into something serious, maybe it won't turn into much of anything, but don't dwell on that, just enjoy yourself. :slight_smile:
    Flirt shamelessly if that's what you feel like doing, you're young and a cute guy going after you is a wonderful thing. :slight_smile:

4. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I like him I think but we are both rather awkward flirters... I get nervous too much and am worried about not being myself

5. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I gotta say, my gut reaction was not to do anything with him - I was particularly caught off guard, not so much by the number of boyfriends (is this "we held hands in the hallway" boyfriends, or something more substantial?), but because he felt it necessary to qualify himself as "not a whore." But then again, maybe I'm just not so much into brief flings.

What to do depends on several things: are you okay with this being short-term, or do you want something more lasting? How far away will he be from you, now and when school starts?

#5 Gravity, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  6. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

I'm ok with short term, and i don't know how substancial his other relationships were. We will be rather far apart and I don't really want to do distance... I will prb see him yearly at camp here for a few years.

7. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Well we decided we were going to get to know each other better.

Today he kind of flirting really heavily but I wasn't comfortable with it... so we talked about it and we decided that we were going to focus on building a friendship. The way I see it, if it ends up in a relationship... it will be because of his personality first... and if it doesn't, then I have a friend who I got to know better at camp.

We agreed though to be honest about our feelings with each other so that we are both comfortable, so I feel much better then I did earlier.

We also both are not very experienced with relationships or flirting, so it won't be like one of us will judge the other for saying something awkward....

I am happy :slight_smile: